Burned clutch on my 2002 used. (owned for less than 2k miles) - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on Burned clutch on my 2002 used. (owned for less than 2k miles) within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So today I was finally able to drive my car home, after quite some discussion with the dealership. By talking ...

So today I was finally able to drive my car home, after quite some discussion with the dealership. By talking to and through my salesman I was finally able to get the following done(I beleive, I haven't gotten the paperwork on details yet):

New clutch and Flywheel installed
    Front brake rotors replaced
    Air conditioning checkes/recharged (I dunno what exactly they did, I asked them to check it and now it works much better).

I picked the car up this afternoon, and didn't spend a thin red cent.

I'll say one thing for sure, the car I drove home is NOT the car I dropped off. It's like a whole new animal with the replaced clutch. I'm stalling and starting jumpy all over again, good to know I REALLY learned on a busterd machine.

Anyway, currently happy to have my car back. Glad I caught all this stuff early on.
    "You got a HOOD SCOOP?!" -Francis (A co-worker, on seeing my 02 WRX for the first time)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Chances are they charged your A/C, but didn't check it for leaks. Just hold onto your receipt that shows they were taking care of it, then next summer when it needs to be recharged again, try to get them to do it for free.

Oh, and new clutches are a punishing experience, after 500, 1000, and 2000 miles I saw a difference on mine.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

congrats, man - im still gonna be in clifton this saturday - if youre around, let me know, i would like to see an 02 with a new clutch
    Fender + WRX > Fender + VW...

Quote Originally Posted by fenderwrx View Post
    congrats, man - im still gonna be in clifton this saturday - if youre around, let me know, i would like to see an 02 with a new clutch
    Sure, I'd be game for getting together and shooting the shyst. I want an experienced enthusiast to give my vehicle a look anyway, some trained eyes would be great.
    "You got a HOOD SCOOP?!" -Francis (A co-worker, on seeing my 02 WRX for the first time)

Quote Originally Posted by LarenF3D5 View Post
    Sure, I'd be game for getting together and shooting the shyst. I want an experienced enthusiast to give my vehicle a look anyway, some trained eyes would be great.
    yeah man, definitely - but i wont be driving my rex haha i'll be with the parents in the taurus

Quote Originally Posted by fenderwrx View Post
    yeah man, definitely - but i wont be driving my rex haha i'll be with the parents in the taurus
    lol, nice! Gunna autocross it?

I'm not from Clifton, but I'm pretty close, I work until 5ish.

yeah, i wont be out there until like 3 or 4 anyways...got some july picnic with the family...ughhhh.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.