LC-1 Installation?

This is a discussion on LC-1 Installation? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, I'm looking at installing an LC-1 WBO2 into my 2003 WRX. I'm currently running a Nvidia Catted DP, TiTek ...

LC-1 Installation?

Hi,

I'm looking at installing an LC-1 WBO2 into my 2003 WRX. I'm currently running a Nvidia Catted DP, TiTek UP, and a Espelir JGT500 Catback.

I'm wondering the best mounting location for the Bosch O2 sensor. My DP does have a highflow cat, so i'm assuming i need to mount upstream of this. Do I need to have a bung welded right ontop of the bellmouth opening (where Cobb DP's have their bung), or is there somewhere else that would be better/easier to mount?

What about the front O2 sensor in the right wheel well, or the rear O2 (but behind the cat?)? Can would it be better to replace one of these and then use one of the analog outs to feed narrowband to the ecu?

Sorry if this is a stupid question... I've new to all this, and just want to make sure I mount it in the best location possible. I've searched and found different people saying different mounting locations, but i was just hoping someone with knowledge of my UP/DP would be able to chime in with a solid answer.

Thanks guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

In my invidia DP, I did my bung about 3 inches before their bung, to the passenger side at the 3 o' clock position. Take it up near the turbo and you are good!
    94 Anthracite 6spd Supra - 9.87@147

LS2 RX7-2014 Tundra DC-GD Race Car In Progress

Quote Originally Posted by LeeC View Post
    In my invidia DP, I did my bung about 3 inches before their bung, to the passenger side at the 3 o' clock position. Take it up near the turbo and you are good!

So the only bung i've seen south of the Turbo, is the rear O2 sensor bung (about half way back on the car, but i believe this is actually on the Midpipe (I could be wrong on that). I looked today and didn't see a bung on my DP above the cat.

EDIT: Here is a picture of my DP: http://www.istoreparts.com/invidia-c...-pi-14386.html As you can see the Bung is on the DP, but its after the CAT. Is this OK, or should i have a bung welded up above the cat? It seems either way I will probably want to have a new bung welded on, but now i guess picking the location is the important part.
    Last edited by pwrx; 06-24-2007 at 08:12 PM.

Banned
    He does somone know if there is a write up on how to install the LC-1 in the WRX. I followed the instructions that came with it but aparently it is not wired to the ecu. Does one of the anolog wires go to the ecu? Also when you did your install did all three of the grounds get grounded to the same location, it said to wire them all to a single lug on the engines block so that is what I did but apparently I messed up somehow.

So based on the DP picture i linked to... WOuld you say i should have my bung welded on near theirs (post cat) or up near the bellmouth (precat)?

Will I have to have the DP removed to get the bung welded on? or should a shop be able to safely weld it on while still attached?

Thanks!
    2003 WRX US/MT
    Invidia Catted DP, TiTek UP, Espelir JGT500 Catback
    K&N Filter, Prodrive springs, Stoptech Stage 2 Brake Kit

Banned
    Thats were the sensor bung is located on my down pipe but I do not have any cats so im not sure if that makes a differance or not.

No one know how to wire no of these up to the Ecu? I want to start puting my investment to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Not-EWRX View Post
    Thats were the sensor bung is located on my down pipe but I do not have any cats so im not sure if that makes a differance or not.

No one know how to wire no of these up to the Ecu? I want to start puting my investment to work.

If you are running the stock O2 still, and have just added the WBO2, i don't believe you'll wire anythign new up to your ECU. Did you install the LC-1 for use with a gauge, or strictly for data logging (laptop or other innovate logging hardware)?
    2003 WRX US/MT
    Invidia Catted DP, TiTek UP, Espelir JGT500 Catback
    K&N Filter, Prodrive springs, Stoptech Stage 2 Brake Kit

Banned
    I installed it for loging purposes but might add a gaudge later. I have the stock O2 sensor back in now because I was told the car needs it even though the maps have been changed. I gess I need to find another place for a bung if I wish to run both sensors.