04 WRX vs 07 WRX STi

This is a discussion on 04 WRX vs 07 WRX STi within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi All! Ok as some of you know I had a 2004 WRX. Well.. now that that one was taken ...

Question 04 WRX vs 07 WRX STi

Hi All!

Ok as some of you know I had a 2004 WRX. Well.. now that that one was taken from me I have a 2007 STi.

I am at the time for my First Oil change and need to know the following;

Are the 2004 WRX Crush gaskets (the little ring that goes around the oil drain plug) the SAME size etc, as on the 2007 STi??

Yes yes, I know its a 04 2.0L vs a 07 2.5 L - and my first thought was No Way. BUT- and its a BIG but - when looking up info (like on K&Ns website) it lists the SAME oil filter for the 2.0 and the 2.5, the HP-1008.

So, if the engines use the Same Size oil filters, Maybe the drain plug and corresponding drain plug crush gasket are the same?

What do you think?

Tix

(Side note: I bought the HP-1008 for the 04 when i had her.. I am happy that it is not gonna go to waste)
    "Tailgate Only if You Can Stop Faster" - Me

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i'd be willing to bet they use the same size bolt and filter
    Blobeye Syndicate #75
    2005 OBP WRX Sport Wagon
    Stewart Warner Boost & Oil temp gauges / OEM 20 mm rear bar
    Cobb stg 2 / STi uppipe / Crucial Racing downpipe
    Stromung 2.5" catless centerpipe / Scooby Sport New Age centre pipe & backbox

This is what i wanted to hear... But can anyone else confirm? Maybe I am being picky.. I just have a fear of dumping the old oil and not having a new crush ring to replace it with. (yes I know you can reuse the old (maybe) but i like to know its all new down there)...

Thanks for your thoughts though - nice to know im on the right path

Tix
    "Tailgate Only if You Can Stop Faster" - Me

Quote Originally Posted by TixArmy View Post
    Hi All!

Ok as some of you know I had a 2004 WRX. Well.. now that that one was taken from me I have a 2007 STi.

I am at the time for my First Oil change and need to know the following;

Are the 2004 WRX Crush gaskets (the little ring that goes around the oil drain plug) the SAME size etc, as on the 2007 STi??

Yes yes, I know its a 04 2.0L vs a 07 2.5 L - and my first thought was No Way. BUT- and its a BIG but - when looking up info (like on K&Ns website) it lists the SAME oil filter for the 2.0 and the 2.5, the HP-1008.

So, if the engines use the Same Size oil filters, Maybe the drain plug and corresponding drain plug crush gasket are the same?

What do you think?

Tix

(Side note: I bought the HP-1008 for the 04 when i had her.. I am happy that it is not gonna go to waste)
    i can say with confidence that yes they most certainly use the same filter and crush washer..this coming from a 8yr subara tech....as a matter of fact your crush washer is the same as every other subaru made..since like 93