04 WRX vs 07 WRX STi
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 04 WRX vs 07 WRX STi within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi All! Ok as some of you know I had a 2004 WRX. Well.. now that that one was taken ...

Question 04 WRX vs 07 WRX STi

Hi All!

Ok as some of you know I had a 2004 WRX. Well.. now that that one was taken from me I have a 2007 STi.

I am at the time for my First Oil change and need to know the following;

Are the 2004 WRX Crush gaskets (the little ring that goes around the oil drain plug) the SAME size etc, as on the 2007 STi??

Yes yes, I know its a 04 2.0L vs a 07 2.5 L - and my first thought was No Way. BUT- and its a BIG but - when looking up info (like on K&Ns website) it lists the SAME oil filter for the 2.0 and the 2.5, the HP-1008.

So, if the engines use the Same Size oil filters, Maybe the drain plug and corresponding drain plug crush gasket are the same?

What do you think?

Tix

(Side note: I bought the HP-1008 for the 04 when i had her.. I am happy that it is not gonna go to waste)
    "Tailgate Only if You Can Stop Faster" - Me

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i'd be willing to bet they use the same size bolt and filter
    Blobeye Syndicate #75
    2005 OBP WRX Sport Wagon
    Stewart Warner Boost & Oil temp gauges / OEM 20 mm rear bar
    Cobb stg 2 / STi uppipe / Crucial Racing downpipe
    Stromung 2.5" catless centerpipe / Scooby Sport New Age centre pipe & backbox

This is what i wanted to hear... But can anyone else confirm? Maybe I am being picky.. I just have a fear of dumping the old oil and not having a new crush ring to replace it with. (yes I know you can reuse the old (maybe) but i like to know its all new down there)...

Thanks for your thoughts though - nice to know im on the right path

Tix
    "Tailgate Only if You Can Stop Faster" - Me

Quote Originally Posted by TixArmy View Post
    Hi All!

Ok as some of you know I had a 2004 WRX. Well.. now that that one was taken from me I have a 2007 STi.

I am at the time for my First Oil change and need to know the following;

Are the 2004 WRX Crush gaskets (the little ring that goes around the oil drain plug) the SAME size etc, as on the 2007 STi??

Yes yes, I know its a 04 2.0L vs a 07 2.5 L - and my first thought was No Way. BUT- and its a BIG but - when looking up info (like on K&Ns website) it lists the SAME oil filter for the 2.0 and the 2.5, the HP-1008.

So, if the engines use the Same Size oil filters, Maybe the drain plug and corresponding drain plug crush gasket are the same?

What do you think?

Tix

(Side note: I bought the HP-1008 for the 04 when i had her.. I am happy that it is not gonna go to waste)
    i can say with confidence that yes they most certainly use the same filter and crush washer..this coming from a 8yr subara tech....as a matter of fact your crush washer is the same as every other subaru made..since like 93

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.