no spark!! yes i searched! plz help
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on no spark!! yes i searched! plz help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok so heres the deal, I just replaced my turbo with another stock td04. i removed the ignition fuse to ...

no spark!! yes i searched! plz help

ok so heres the deal, I just replaced my turbo with another stock td04. i removed the ignition fuse to prime the turbo after the install was all done. i then proceded to insert to fus back in and now the car wont start. I pulled the lines on the fuel rail and on the fuel filter and it is getting fuel. i pulled the coil with the plug out on cylinder 1 and 3. I then cranked the motor over to check for spark, nothing, no sparking. checked the electrical connector to the coil pack and its getting 12 volts. tryed reseting the ecu several times and still wont start. I am stumped the ignition fuse is not blown, the battery has plenty of juice. the car drove just fine yesterday. is it a ground problem? any help would be appreciated thanx.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'd replace the fuse anyway. At this point, even if it isn't blown, it's worth a shot.

Also verify that you didn't knock anything else loose when you replaced the turbo. WRXs don't have a distributor, so it has to be some other single point of failure.

i did replace the fuse and that didn't help. i have looked over all the connectors and can see none unplugged

at the front-center of the engine under the alternator is the crankshaft position sensor, is it plugged in? also, key-up and wait 5 seconds, then check fuel pressure while the engine is cranking... these are to check that the PCM is getting it's RPM reference... on the driver's-side front corner of the engine make sure the camshaft position sensor is plugged in...
    Blobeye Syndicate #75
    2005 OBP WRX Sport Wagon
    Stewart Warner Boost & Oil temp gauges / OEM 20 mm rear bar
    Cobb stg 2 / STi uppipe / Crucial Racing downpipe
    Stromung 2.5" catless centerpipe / Scooby Sport New Age centre pipe & backbox

Quote Originally Posted by 68sprintb View Post
    at the front-center of the engine under the alternator is the crankshaft position sensor, is it plugged in? also, key-up and wait 5 seconds, then check fuel pressure while the engine is cranking... these are to check that the PCM is getting it's RPM reference... on the driver's-side front corner of the engine make sure the camshaft position sensor is plugged in...
    what seems to have happened is the PCM got no signal from the crank sensor and locked itself. i got a new sensor but that didn't do anything. my buddy who works at ford brought his scan tool over and unlocked it or something so it would start. everything seems to be fine now. thnx for the help guys.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.