Front mount?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Front mount? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys i need some help, i am curently running a turboXS fm. It came with a blow off valve ...

Front mount?

Hey guys i need some help, i am curently running a turboXS fm. It came with a blow off valve and it came with a soft spring and a firm spring. Does anyone know what psi these springs are for because i had the soft sping in it and it fluttered when i gased it partially so i change it to the firmer one and now it feels ways more torqey and powerful, but it also it feels like the engine is gonna blow. What i mean is it revs to redline so fast thro 1st and 2nd gear and there is no lag at all anymore. What can go wrong if the blow off valve spring is to firm.........................any help is appreciated................thx
    Last edited by troy; 06-21-2007 at 10:09 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

leave the stiff one in

also call jermain @ turboxs 301-977-4727
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

no lag is a good thing right??? mabye the soft spring wasn't holding boost
    Billy
    352whp 365ftlbs P-R-E tuned
    12.32 @ 110mph (old dyno numbers 315/341)

As long as the BOV will blow off at 1 psi you are safe.
    -Sarah

LOOKS NICE. PLAYS DIRTY.

Chargespeed Pink and Blue 300WHP 4EAT Bugeye
    SubieChick.com

What does this have to do with Automatic transmissions????

...moving
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

Quote Originally Posted by rr1911 View Post
    leave the stiff one in

also call jermain @ turboxs 301-977-4727
    2x

front mount

Its a front mount on a 4eat, and it does not go off in every gear like standards. Today i punched it and i hit 21psi and it sounded like a supercharger whine when it hit 6 to 7000rpm, it sounded like the turbo was spinning out of control.When i punch it in 1st it bounces off redline and starts second gear at 6000rpm and starts 3rd gear at 5800rpm. With the firmer spring it revs thru the gears so much faster. Can the firmer spring cause my boost to creep up alot higher? It just does'nt feels safe i feel like my motor is gonna blow, my tune is only for a max of 18.5psi. Im gonna take it easy until i can get the car to my tuner to look at.................thx for all the replies

Quote Originally Posted by troy View Post
    Its a front mount on a 4eat, and it does not go off in every gear like standards. Today i punched it and i hit 21psi and it sounded like a supercharger whine when it hit 6 to 7000rpm, it sounded like the turbo was spinning out of control.When i punch it in 1st it bounces off redline and starts second gear at 6000rpm and starts 3rd gear at 5800rpm. With the firmer spring it revs thru the gears so much faster. Can the firmer spring cause my boost to creep up alot higher? It just does'nt feels safe i feel like my motor is gonna blow, my tune is only for a max of 18.5psi. Im gonna take it easy until i can get the car to my tuner to look at.................thx for all the replies
    as for the move 4eat is not just different by trans but by how it reacts to things. m/t guys know nothing about 4eats like the thread about changing your trans fluid in a 4eat and someone said it takes 5qts. when it is really 10. anyway...

The stiffer the spring the more boost the car will hold to redline. Do you have control of the boost to turn it down?? Does the car blow off at 1psi if you get it into the slightest bit of boost and then let off does it blow off? If it does like I said before leave the stiffer spring in. The softer spring is for those that like to hear the pshhhpshhh all the time and like boost leaks and things like that.
    -Sarah

LOOKS NICE. PLAYS DIRTY.

SubieChick.com

front mount

I think i hear it go off, its so quiet. My car has been reflshed for 18.5psi, but i do have a greddy boost controller. I dont think i can lower the boost if it has been reflashed for a certain amount of boost. Im using the boost controller to try to stop it from spiking which is not working, i hit 23psi today. No more punching it until i get it retuned or new engine managment. I wondering what mods u hav on ur car(subie chick), dam 300whp with Vf34 and how many pounds are u running? I have all the bolt ons except headers and turbo inlet and im only 251whp on 93 octane..............thx for all the help again

Quote Originally Posted by Mario777 View Post
    as for the move 4eat is not just different by trans but by how it reacts to things.
    The OP makes no reference to any type of transmission, nor does the type of transmission have to do with a Front Mount Intercooler or springs on a BOV. So yes, it should of been moved.

front moun

Its a front mount on 4eat, thats why i ask here because the 5 speed guys would know anything about front mounts on automatics

Hey guys i need some help, i am curently running a turboXS fm. It came with a blow off valve and it came with a soft spring and a firm spring. Does anyone know what psi these springs are for because i had the soft sping in it and it fluttered when i gased it partially so i change it to the firmer one and now it feels ways more torqey and powerful, but it also it feels like the engine is gonna blow. What i mean is it revs to redline so fast thro 1st and 2nd gear and there is no lag at all anymore. What can go wrong if the blow off valve spring is to firm.........................any help is appreciated................thx
    you should have adjusting packer springs with it to install with the softer spring ..check your hardware again..

Its a front mount on 4eat, thats why i ask here because the 5 speed guys would know anything about front mounts on automatics
    In the future, be sure to mention the fact that you have an automatic or else your posts will be removed from the Automatic forum.

Either way, this topic is about a spring, it is not transmission related.

I think i hear it go off, its so quiet. My car has been reflshed for 18.5psi, but i do have a greddy boost controller. I dont think i can lower the boost if it has been reflashed for a certain amount of boost. Im using the boost controller to try to stop it from spiking which is not working, i hit 23psi today. No more punching it until i get it retuned or new engine managment. I wondering what mods u hav on ur car(subie chick), dam 300whp with Vf34 and how many pounds are u running? I have all the bolt ons except headers and turbo inlet and im only 251whp on 93 octane..............thx for all the help again
    Alright I bet I know where the problem is now. Check for vacuum leaks or cracked pipes. There is no way you should spike to 23psi from a stronger bov spring. I bet one of the lines poped off when you where accelerating and holding more boost than usual to redline (or where your car shifts) and something poped off. When/if you find a vacuum line off use aquanet super hold hair spray on the connection before you put the line back on. I have done this to all my vacuum lines because under more boost than 18 stock lines start flying.

I run 18psi on 91 octane and 24psi on 100 octane. Here's a list of my mods: www.SubieChick.com/mods.html

What engine management are you using?? Dear God I hope you have a tune in that car. Or else there is another problem to add. What mods are on the car??

Also the boost controller will not help to control the over boost until you find your leak drive that car like a baby.
    -Sarah

LOOKS NICE. PLAYS DIRTY.

SubieChick.com

spiking

Thank you, i was just starting to think it was my vaccum line that is connected to my greddy boost controller. I unpluged the power to the boost controller and when i drive without it on there is no spiking at all but whenever i plug it back on it spikes and ive never adjusted the settings on the boost controller ever since i had my ecu reflashed and tuned with the controller at the same time. I was thinking of zap strpping the vaccum hose on tighter to the boost controller and seeing if that works, if i does'not then i'll search the other lines.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.