Very Unique Uppipe problem... evidently...

This is a discussion on Very Unique Uppipe problem... evidently... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Obviously im new here and ive looked all over the site for a solution to my problem... No luck. Maybe ...

Very Unique Uppipe problem... evidently...

Obviously im new here and ive looked all over the site for a solution to my problem... No luck. Maybe some of you guys can help me.

Ive had my bone-stock-except-this-stupid-uppipe 03 wrx for about a year and 8 months. About a month after I got my 03 WRX a guy talked me into buying this "uppipe" from him. I didnt even know what it was, but he told me how SWEET it was and i fell for it and bought it ($35 by the way which i now know is a pretty good deal). I installed it, and believe it or not ran into some issues. I think i have the o2 sensor plugged into my uppipe and Im throwin CEL. ALSO, the EGT sensor broke! and wasnt plugged back in... Obviously, i cant pass inspection and no longer have a Drivers License because of it (inspection ticket, court date, failure to appear, seatbelt ticket a year later, went to jail, driving while license revoked, you get the pic- either way this uppipe has caused me massive problems with my vehicle) . ANy suggestions? Do i need a new EGT sensor? I didnt even know what that was until i started reading here. The needle broke off and its bent all to hell. Should i plug it back in the uppipe? Am i gonna have to remove that pipe to do so? (hope not) And is that the reason my car has CEL on or could it be because the o2 sensor is in the catless uppipe instead of the manifold on the passenger side. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. If there is a thread on this problem I appologize, i looked forever and couldnt find it. When you search for "im a douche that tried to mod my car not knowing what the hell i was doing" it doesnt produce much results.

Thank you guys, hope someone can help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

put the new vent valve in and cleared code... drove for 13 miles and cel came back on- p0448 this time... any sugesstions?

Quote Originally Posted by wreckdWRX View Post
    Obviously, i cant pass inspection and no longer have a Drivers License because of it (inspection ticket, court date, failure to appear, seatbelt ticket a year later, went to jail, driving while license revoked, you get the pic- either way this uppipe has caused me massive problems with my vehicle)

The uppipe is cursed. Cursed I tell you! Get rid of it while you can.
    2011 DGM sedan
    1995 Miata