Random Stalling Issue - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Random Stalling Issue within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I got the car back this afternoon, and it hasn't stalled yet. I'm going to give it a few days ...

I got the car back this afternoon, and it hasn't stalled yet. I'm going to give it a few days to see if it rears its head again. I'm hoping that it's gone now, but I'm not going to hold my breath. If it isn't actually fixed, I'll look in to these solutions. Thanks again for the suggestions!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #127
    06 WRB WRX

"I will say one thing. It is amazing how many drivers, even at the Formula One level, think that the brakes are for slowing the car down." -Mario Andretti

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news. It seems that the dealer managed to fix the issue. I spoke with the tech today to let him know that the car hasn't stalled since I got it back last Tuesday. He seemed to think that the problem may have been related to a bad batch of gas, but had no way to confirm that. He performed the following last time I had it in:

cleaned throttle plate (it was showing some carbon build-up)
    cleaned throttle body
    flushed fuel system (not sure that this is the correct terminology)

Anyway, now that this seems to be resolved, I wanted to post the results, just in case anyone else encounters this same issue. Search FTW.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #127
    06 WRB WRX

"I will say one thing. It is amazing how many drivers, even at the Formula One level, think that the brakes are for slowing the car down." -Mario Andretti

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12