BOOST?? please!!

This is a discussion on BOOST?? please!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey, i own a 2002 wrx, it has 3inch exhust from turbo back with dump-pipe, pod filter, and bov. i ...

hey, i own a 2002 wrx, it has 3inch exhust from turbo back with dump-pipe, pod filter, and bov. i was wondering wat sort of psi i can run on it,, Can anyone help me?? And I am interested in what other mods u recommend i do..nothing to extreme n costly. haha
    thanks...

iv got a 02 wrx, got 3inch from turbo back n one cat.. i was told i could run 16psi safely but 17psi before the standard computer cuts out...IS THAT TRUE??? (13.2psi standard boost). im geting a vf22 turbo relly cheap and was wondering what i should do?? any ideas guys??
    Last edited by Trainrex; 06-26-2007 at 06:10 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

if you search you'll most likely find that stock turbo at higher psi is general safe around 17psi with supporting mods and tuning.

bov on a stock turbo and tmic is pointless, bad on the gas and bad on the engine over time. unless you rather have some loud psssh after ever time you shift.

with an aftermarket TBE its best to look in a reflash to get the most of those mods. I ran w/o tuning with just TBE and my gas comsumption sucked and i didn't see much of the power till i did an OSECUROM stg 2 reflash.

oh yeah if you plan on running hire boost might be a good idea to gut or get a catless up pipe.

g'luck
    02' WRX OSECUROM STG 2 93OCT on 91OCT map -13.708 SEC / 097.84 MPH / 1.86 60 ft @ No Problem Raceway

02' WRX OSECUROM STG 2.5 93OCT- 12.9 SEC @ No Problem Raceway
    Mods

Banned
    What is a pod filter and a dump pipe

Quote Originally Posted by Not-EWRX View Post
    What is a pod filter and a dump pipe
    A pod filter is what goes on my air system in my house during allergy season, and a dump pipe is what construction workers use when remodeling the inside of an inner city rowhome to get the trash into the dumpster.