Subaru alarm system is trash
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Subaru alarm system is trash within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So me and a group of friends went bowling one night and while we were waiting for lanes I went ...

Angry Subaru alarm system is trash

So me and a group of friends went bowling one night and while we were waiting for lanes I went to grab food. When I came back I realized my remote was missing. I looked everywhere for it and I couldn't find it so I was like whatever it sucks but theres nothing I could do about it so I lock my car with my key and the alarm is armed. So after we finished our game I went to unlock my car and as soon as my opened my door the alarm went off. I quickly go to start my car but it wont allow me too. I hop back out and lock the doors and a minute later the alarm stops. Boy was I pissed off at my car. I could arm my alarm system using my key but I could not disarm it? Luckily my friends stuck around so I could get a ride home but that is just messed up. Either there is something wrong with my alarm system or subaru had a retard design the alarm system for it. Just a heads up for everyone and lose the keyring the dealer provided you because they suck.
    2007 OBP WRX LTD
    Cobb Accessport v2 Stage 2
    McCulloch 5000K HIDs h7
    DDM Slim 3000K HIDs h3
    HKS Carbon-Ti Exhaust
    Whiteline 24mm adj. FSB
    Invidia v2 bellmouth downpipe
    Pioneer Avic-D3 w/ CD-I200 Ipod cable & CD-R55 remote

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

And this is what happens when you don't read the user manual.

Because if you did, you would notice that you can disable the alarm once it has gone off by cycling your ignition from the "1" position to the "3" position 3 times, which would then disengage the alarm. They tell you to do this in case your key fob battery is dead, and your alarm is engaged. Obviously there is a way for you to operate the car with the key only, which is why they put in that "back door" so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by lordcon View Post

Because if you did, you would notice that you can disable the alarm once it has gone off by cycling your ignition from the "1" position to the "3" position 3 times, which would then disengage the alarm. They tell you to do this in case your key fob battery is dead, and your alarm is engaged. Obviously there is a way for you to operate the car with the key only, which is why they put in that "back door" so to speak.

Holy Call-Out, Batman!
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

I Support ClubWRX
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Well I did read the manual but must have missed that. I still think it is a poorly designed system. You would think that the car would at least recognize the key via the immobilizer chip when you attempt to start the car. The owners manual wasn't the first thing on my mind when I had the horn blowing and cops coming at me in every direction thinking that I was trying to steal the car.
    2007 OBP WRX LTD
    Cobb Accessport v2 Stage 2
    McCulloch 5000K HIDs h7
    DDM Slim 3000K HIDs h3
    HKS Carbon-Ti Exhaust
    Whiteline 24mm adj. FSB
    Invidia v2 bellmouth downpipe
    Pioneer Avic-D3 w/ CD-I200 Ipod cable & CD-R55 remote

I Support ClubWRX
    Harsh

So does the key have a "chip" in the plastic part? I had a few delayed starts the other day where I had clutch in and turned the key and nothing happened. Then about 3 secs later it cranked over. Was wonderin if maybe there was a chip in the key and it went bad. Of course now that I try to get it to do it so I can test my other key, it won't. Figures.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Harsh

So does the key have a "chip" in the plastic part? I had a few delayed starts the other day where I had clutch in and turned the key and nothing happened. Then about 3 secs later it cranked over. Was wonderin if maybe there was a chip in the key and it went bad. Of course now that I try to get it to do it so I can test my other key, it won't. Figures.
    Most likely the key has an RFID tag in the plastic part that creates a communication loop with a matching tag in the ignition. If i had to guess, it just checks for a matching checksum value.

I Support ClubWRX
    Most likely the key has an RFID tag in the plastic part that creates a communication loop with a matching tag in the ignition. If i had to guess, it just checks for a matching checksum value.
    That, or the clutch pedal was just resting on the switch.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    That, or the clutch pedal was just resting on the switch.
    I got it to happen again yesterday, and even pumping the clutch several times wouldn't make it start. So I got down and looked and there are 2 switches on the clutch pedal. So I manually cycled them both several times and tried again and the car started. I wonder If I have a limit switch goin bad. Maybe I'll call the dealership and see if there is a TSB.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    I got it to happen again yesterday, and even pumping the clutch several times wouldn't make it start. So I got down and looked and there are 2 switches on the clutch pedal. So I manually cycled them both several times and tried again and the car started. I wonder If I have a limit switch goin bad. Maybe I'll call the dealership and see if there is a TSB.
    Quite possible

if it makes you feel any better there are ways to disable it that are much quicker than waiting a minute for the alarm to shut up.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.