Just realized I was towed on two wheels:
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Just realized I was towed on two wheels: within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; when I got in my accident two months ago; I just got my car back and it just occured to ...

Just realized I was towed on two wheels:

when I got in my accident two months ago; I just got my car back and it just occured to me that the tow truck driver didn't use a flat bed. I kind of knew that was not right, but after the accident that was the last thing on my mind, I was....dazed kind of. I am going to mention it to the place that fixed my car; I think the tow truck driver works for the same shop, so that presents kind of a problem since the shop then has a reason to lie.

I have a friend who is a UTI graduate who works as a Jaguar mechanic that I may look at it at his shop on the lift, see if he can see anything, probably have him change the diff. fluid too.

It was only towed probably less than four miles, so that is good, but it still pisses me off that the ignorant tow truck driver that tows cars, FOR A LIVING, doesn't know better.

It is a lease so I am not too worried about it, they don't even know the accident happened, but I still want to make sure she is ok for the next year and a half.

I am just wondering, how you all think it should be handled. I am thinking I will mention it to the mechanic, give him a chance to get his word, and go from there. There is also a warranty on the work, but I wonder how broad it is.

They changed some rear quarter panel cosmetics, a strut and then this back piece that was part of the suspension; when you looked at the car on the lift it kind of stretched from one side of the frame to the other, side to side, wheel to wheel, and that was replaced because he said it wouldn't go into alignment; anyone have any idea what that part may be?? There was probably other stuff as well but that was the major replacements.

Opinions?
    Last edited by Houstonwrx; 06-14-2007 at 07:50 PM. Reason: Addition

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ttt

I Support ClubWRX
    Make the tow company/shop/insurance company aware of what happened. Have them put a guarantee in writing that they will cover any trans problems that may come up. If they won't, demand the trans to be changed. Don't give up.

If you are driving the car already, let the car sit overnight. Before you drive it in the morning, check the trans fluid. If there is dark brownish black fluid at the very bottom of the stick, your center diff is toast. If the center diff is toast, you will here a pronounced deceleration noise that will gradually get worse. Our cars do have a natural deceleration noise, but this one will sound a bit different. More of a growling.

Thanks brothah, I was hoping YOU would reply. I will do just that. I will check the trans. fluid in the morning. I appreciate the help.

Banned
    I'm iterested in knowing how improper towing of a subi = center diff damage where the front wheels locked and rear spining?

I can't really explain it to you, I just know because I researched it. I think techinically the owner's manuel says if it is over a certain distance, its not ok, but it definitely says to put it on a flat bed in the owner's manuel

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.