Just got my car serviced and now it drives different....
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Just got my car serviced and now it drives different.... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys i had my car in the shop yesterday becuase my clutch blew out. Now i have my car ...

Just got my car serviced and now it drives different....

hey guys i had my car in the shop yesterday becuase my clutch blew out. Now i have my car back and my clutch pedel is much softer. Beofre my clutch was firm now it is very easy to push and has little resistance. Is this normal????

Also now that i have my car back it seems to not have the power as it did before i took it to the shop. Now when i hit the gas im wondering why am i not passing people and why am i not going faster. Before i woul hit the gas and go, now it seems to be less of a go. Everything in the car is stock and i have not modified anything

Any ideas on anything would help. Thanks!
    Last edited by Feezor; 06-13-2007 at 02:25 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Wow... my car is in the shop rite now too. Same old problem.. tranny went bad. the soft pedal feeling is normal. You got a new clutch and pressure plate.. maybe ur mechanic.. replace a pressure plate with less clamping force... so ur powers are slipping thru the clutch. ...Maybe

Bleed the clutch. As for the power loss, check for air leaks.
    "A man that buys a Corvette has a mid-life crisis, but a man that buys a Lambourghini has NO crisis." -Rev Run

could be the ecu was reset.. and its learning max values again..
    drive for a while and see if it improves..

if u have a boost gauge, check if the car is boosting the same as before..

Unless you had a "super clutch" put in, the pedal may feel easier...usually a good shop will clean and lube the parts of the clutch...

I know when I replaced mine with a mildly upgraded stage 1 organic, I was expecting a stiff pedal...to my delight it went down easier than it did before.

ive checked just about everything the only thing that i keep thinking is what if they put in a hevier flywheel thats the only thing i can think becuase i have drove it for about 70-75 miles and it is not preforming any better and the computer learning thing i did the fast re-learn process right when the ecu got re-set and that didnt seem to work thanks for all your help

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.