spindle insert

This is a discussion on spindle insert within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; OK i have a 02 wrx. i took my car to a shop because it needed a new wheel bearing. ...

spindle insert

OK i have a 02 wrx. i took my car to a shop because it needed a new wheel bearing. and i cant do that....then they call me back 3 weeks later...cause they have not finished the bearing. they tell me i need a new spindle insert also. can anyone tell me what it is.. and what are the likely hood of needing a new one is? is this somehting that they could have f***** up themselves? please respond fast...i think it is bs and i want to know..i have been flipping through the complete service manual for my car and i cant find it anywhere..thansk guys

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've never heard of such a thing. I've heard of a spindle, but never a "spindle insert." I'd tell them I want to see it. It's your car, so they have to show you if you ask them to.

see thats what i thought about..i have never heard of a spindle insert...but what if he is talkin about the spindle? how the **** do those thigns go bad? i took it in for an allignment and a bearing....and they keep trying to add ****...i am bout to pull the car from there and do the work myself

I Support ClubWRX
    If a car is driven far enough on a collapsed bearing, the hub and spindle can be damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    If a car is driven far enough on a collapsed bearing, the hub and spindle can be damaged.
    That makes sense to me. What doesn't is the "spindle insert." Sounds like they came up with a new name for an old part.