Understanding the WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Understanding the WRX within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just bought a 2007 WRX and want to understand it inside and out. However, there is no haynes or ...

Understanding the WRX

I just bought a 2007 WRX and want to understand it inside and out. However, there is no haynes or Chiltons service manual yet. Anyone know of a link or some good reading to familiarize myself with the engine, tranny, etc.. I know a fair amount about cars but when I look under the hood of the WRX theres is alot of crap in there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just read on the forums!

search search search!

I learned that quick!

I'm looking for a layout of the engine compartment with labels or a blown apart view. There are sensors galore in there and I dont know what they do.

Banned
    If you had been around the block I could give you a very special linky but you must prove yourself

Quote Originally Posted by ERIKBROCKHOFF View Post
    If you had been around the block I could give you a very special linky but you must prove yourself
    Very special linky? Care to share?
    Blobeye Syndicate #035
    Cobb Stage 2

sorrie to interrupt your conversation. but will OEM STi guages work on an 02-03 wrx? i like the way the sti guages look.
    Turbo Lag is just a courtesy head start.
    <==== dad's ltd. sti #300 of 800 (cobb stg 2 with TBE, spt intake and heat shield) magically fast!!!
    currently Stolen: 2004 Hyundai Tiburon GT V6 6sp. CAI, DC sports strut tower bar, STS, headers.
    currently pissed that it was stolen 2/23/08 @ around 1:30ish

looking for a wrx or sti really soon after May 4th. less than 60k miles and less than 20k

no shame
    ~Selah

Quote Originally Posted by devman52 View Post
    sorrie to interrupt your conversation. but will OEM STi guages work on an 02-03 wrx? i like the way the sti guages look.
    Get yer own thread!

look for a copy of the factory service manual on eBay, that's where i got mine
    Blobeye Syndicate #75
    2005 OBP WRX Sport Wagon
    Stewart Warner Boost & Oil temp gauges / OEM 20 mm rear bar
    Cobb stg 2 / STi uppipe / Crucial Racing downpipe
    Stromung 2.5" catless centerpipe / Scooby Sport New Age centre pipe & backbox

+1 for purchasing a factory service manual set. That's what I did.. Yeah they are expensive but well worth it for the info you get out of them. Even with the service manual set continue researching until you no longer own the car.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #666
    Stage 2

depending on how deep and what you want to know you can grab an digital storage oscilloscope (like a vantage) and start scoping everything... thats what i do...
    Blobeye Syndicate #75
    2005 OBP WRX Sport Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by 68sprintb View Post
    look for a copy of the factory service manual on eBay, that's where i got mine
    Like the ones on CD? are they legit?

Ya searching here and nasoic will get you most if not all the info you need.

Quote Originally Posted by devman52 View Post
    Hahaha this aint no chat room DOg!
    CGM

Quote Originally Posted by Roads View Post
    Like the ones on CD? are they legit?
    the one i got for MY05 is excellent, though i don't have a real FSM to compare it to
    Blobeye Syndicate #75
    2005 OBP WRX Sport Wagon

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.