E-brake problems

This is a discussion on E-brake problems within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My "BRAKE" light stays on while I am driving. Any suggestions as to why. (p.s. the brake is not on.)...

E-brake problems

My "BRAKE" light stays on while I am driving. Any suggestions as to why.
    (p.s. the brake is not on.)
    My Mods: Cobb Access Port, VF34 turbo, STI fuel injectors, Walbro fuel pump, Perrin Turbo back exhaust, Perrin fuel rails, Tein S-tech springs, AGX Adjustable Struts, 17" RS-GT rims.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 02wrx28 View Post
    My "BRAKE" light stays on while I am driving. Any suggestions as to why.
    (p.s. the brake is not on.)
    As your pads wear, the pistons have to move farther toward the disc to work. This causes the fluid level to drop in the reservoir, and eventually the floater in there triggers the brake light circuit. That's the best option.

The circuit may be shorting out somewhere between the handbrake lever switch and the floater in the reservoir. That's the second best option.

The worst option is that you have a genuine brake fluid leak and are in danger of being on the evening news.

Do your best to eliminate no. 3 as the cause by checking your brake fluid level, then your pads.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    pop your console off and check that ground wire that runs from the e brake. if you can't immediately find the problem there you could disconnect that ground. most in dash dvd players and turbo timers connect to that as a sensor, when grounded - work, if not it doesn't work. the red brake indicator is the same way.
    -AJ | Hawk-Eye Alliance #55 | Stink-Eye Mob #1
    NASIOC - Narcissistic, Arrogant, Self Involved, Oligarchy of Cryptorchidisms

2011 Chevy Camaro SS RS Package & 2011 Honda Pilot
    Used to have: Protune Stage 2 2010 Subaru WRX
    Used to have: Stage 4 2006 Subaru WRX

Add me to Facebook