Lag over 4000 rpm
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Lag over 4000 rpm within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hi guys wonder if someone can help, my car is doing some funny things lately, when i go over 4000 ...

Lag over 4000 rpm

hi guys

wonder if someone can help, my car is doing some funny things lately, when i go over 4000 rpm's it feels like my car is pulling in the front and then the back and back and forth, smetimes it pulls all four wheels fine but soemtimes it doesnt, it also sounds like my revs is going higher but not picking up any speed. does any one know why this happens?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Can you be a little more clear in describing your problem? Try laying out the exact situation you're talking about step by step.

It feels like that the front wheels pull the car for 2 seconds and then it stops and then it feels like just the back wheels pull the car, it feels like i have reach the end of my rev's but I am only jut getting over 4000 rpm., and also involved a lot of shaking, this doesnt happen all the times but it is annoying. sometimes you can feel it pulls with all four wheels and then there is nothing wrong. Hope you can make some sense out of this...

oh, and the car smells very rich as if it has been modified, but it hasnt, how can I see if the car was modified by the previous owner?

are you stock?

I wonder if it is the subaru stutter..that sounds like the right RPM range for it to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

I am sure I am stock, how can i tell?

And what is the subaru stutter?

Quote Originally Posted by Bertus View Post
    I am sure I am stock, how can i tell?

And what is the subaru stutter?
    many of the turbo subaru models have a little stutter that they get around 4000 rpms that feels like you are almost feathering the gas pedal even though you might have it to the floor. I am sure there are tons of threads on it since it is something that 80% or more people with a turbo subaru seem to have.

is there anyway that it can be stopped?

is there anyway that it can be stopped?
    cobb stage 1 has taken care of it in all of my subaru's (2005 wrx, 2005 LGT, 2003 WRX). I dont know of a factory fix for it. some were lucky enough not to have it.

as a dealer, we think it might be an emissions thing, but have not heard any official info on why they do it.

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru View Post
    cobb stage 1 has taken care of it in all of my subaru's (2005 wrx, 2005 LGT, 2003 WRX). I dont know of a factory fix for it. some were lucky enough not to have it.

as a dealer, we think it might be an emissions thing, but have not heard any official info on why they do it.

ok, you lost me again, we probaly now it as something else in SA, what is a cobb stage 1?

ok, you lost me again, we probaly now it as something else in SA, what is a cobb stage 1?
    Cobb Accessport, or sometimes referred to as an AP. www.cobbtuning.com is their site. if you decide to order one, there are tons of vendors on this forum you can support but going thru them for your purchase.

it is basically a handheld programming device that can remap your ECU with base maps from Cobb for different stages/mods.

the cobb site will have lots of info for you. just click on WRX and then look for stage 1 power package.

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru View Post
    Cobb Accessport, or sometimes referred to as an AP. www.cobbtuning.com is their site. if you decide to order one, there are tons of vendors on this forum you can support but going thru them for your purchase.

it is basically a handheld programming device that can remap your ECU with base maps from Cobb for different stages/mods.

the cobb site will have lots of info for you. just click on WRX and then look for stage 1 power package.

Thanks a lot..

I will have look and see what I can do..

Thanks a lot..

I will have look and see what I can do..

no problem.

if you plan on doing some modding down the road, that is a good way to go anyway.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.