turbo timer vs warranty
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on turbo timer vs warranty within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Would installing a turbo timer void my warranty even though it helps prolong engine life?...

turbo timer vs warranty

Would installing a turbo timer void my warranty even though it helps prolong engine life?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I can't see why it should, what harm can it cause, what can it actually break, unless you make some major stuff up in the wiring or something, and short the whole electrical system on the car - but whats the likelyhood of something like that happening, very little I would assume.

So normally Subaru can only void a warranty if they can produce evidence that a modification led to fault of what ever you are claiming the warranty for.
    Its all about "Love and Respect"

Aust-WRX makes a rational point, but I'm afraid that it's not like that for some dealerships.

You should really ask a local suby dealer that question because their answer will mean something. The range of mod-friendliness of the dealers can range considerably. And it's also worht it to call multiple places if available.

Hg.
    '02 Plat. Wagon, Manual

Think about it this way, SOA says you don't need one. There are threads here on that subject. IMHO, you don't need one.

While the dealer may be mod friendly, SOA is not. If you don't have any other mods, why risk your warranty?

misterx

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't think you have to worry about it in this case. Denying warranty work in this case would be like denying it 'cause you installed a stereo, radar detector, boost gauge or alarm. I've heard of them denying due to some silly things but nothing THAT silly! And actually SOA has been pretty reasonable from what I've seen about things that aren't replacing/modifying important parts.

Mister X, for example has been screwed over stainless brake lines and aftermarket rotors. While I think that's pretty stupid and wrong, I think you can see how that's different from a turbo timer.
    "Inasmuch as ye have done it to one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it to me." -Jesus

1990 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce
    1992 Toyota 4Runner SR5 3.Slow
    1993 Honda CBR600F2
    2002 WRX SportWagon *sold*

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.