DCCD Usage

This is a discussion on DCCD Usage within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, I just bought an 05 STI two weeks ago and am wondering what exactly the DCCD does and when ...

DCCD Usage

Hi,

I just bought an 05 STI two weeks ago and am wondering what exactly the DCCD does and when to use it. I understand it moves the power distribution around the front and back wheels, but what percentages does it do? When the DCCD is aimed all the way at the back wheels, is 100% power going to the rear wheels, etc.?

I tried search for the answer to this question on the forums already, but can't seem to find it. I hope this isn't a repeat, but I fear it is. Sorry.

Thanks all.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mykle View Post
    Hi,

I just bought an 05 STI two weeks ago and am wondering what exactly the DCCD does and when to use it. I understand it moves the power distribution around the front and back wheels, but what percentages does it do? When the DCCD is aimed all the way at the back wheels, is 100% power going to the rear wheels, etc.?

I tried search for the answer to this question on the forums already, but can't seem to find it. I hope this isn't a repeat, but I fear it is. Sorry.

Thanks all.
    No.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    The max to the rear wheels on a 2007 is 59%. That may be a little different depending on what year you have but it will be close (I think on some years it went to 65%).
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    Unless you are in a low traction situation just leave it in Auto. If you are in a low traction situation just move it to LOCK and get going. I've had to do this ONCE as I was on a nice snow/ice patch. Once I got off I put it back into AUTO and went about my way.

Also was able to drive through a snow/ice storm with the car in AUTO maintaing a speed of 65 without missing a beat (with snow tires of course).

AUTO mode will adjust much faster then you can by trying to turn the wheel.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    Your owners manual provides the details on the torque split for the various DCCD modes.

In the STi forum, there is a sticky on "DCCD explained". A bit informative but we are all still waiting for part 2 to come out...which I doubt ever will.

Heed 302psi's advice above. Auto is your friend.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums