opinion?

This is a discussion on opinion? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; well i know its my clutch. Its just completely gone. Its so bad that i couldnt get it past 20mph ...

opinion?

well i know its my clutch. Its just completely gone. Its so bad that i couldnt get it past 20mph and its really hard to go to 40mph it takes way to long and sits at 4k+ rpm but when I shift it dont grind or anything. You can smell the clutch. How much you think its going to cost? what u think just needs to be replaceD?
    2005 Ubaru Impreza WRX Sedan Crystal Grey Metallic
    Mods: In my profile
    http://www.myspace.com/scottycruz

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just the clutch needs to be replaced. It'll run you around $600 - $800 at an independant shop, more like $1000 - $1200 at a Subuar stealership.

Suby told me $850 when they asked me if i wanted it done when my warranty work on my tranny was happening. If you ask me they just wanted me to chop off my leg and give it to them.

What happened to $400 clutch swaps? I've dropped tranny's in fwd cars in 2 hrs, had the clutch in, in another 30 mins, then put the tranny back up there in 2 hrs. Lets see, 4.5 hrs @ $70/hr = $315 labor + parts. Wtf is $850 for? Dropping a transaxle is way more difficult than a transmission.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

And that $850 was when they already had the tranny down, so it would be more for labor if they're starting from scratch.

It's straight up rediculous man.

OP: if you have the know how, or a friend that does. Save yourself some money. If you don't want to get into that then at least shop around and find an independent shop or something that will do it cheaper than $1200. I could probably find a place around here for $500-700 i'm guessing.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.