4000 Miles and Small Problems

This is a discussion on 4000 Miles and Small Problems within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I bought my wrx brand new from a dealer like a month ago, and there is a rattling coming from ...

4000 Miles and Small Problems

I bought my wrx brand new from a dealer like a month ago, and there is a rattling coming from the rear window. I pushed on the rear window and it makes a creaking noise, as does the interior cloth on the roof. anyone know if the dealer will laugh at me when i go up and ***** about it.

Here's my list of issues right now. Nothing big.

Oh wait. Does anyone else have hard starts in the morning when its below 60 out? I had my car turn over for a little while before it started up one morning. Also, my car idles at 1.5k-2k when it first starts up when its cold. it sounds odd.

but anyways, here's my list.

-Weather stripping on rear pass. door is falling off
    -Roof interior/rear window creeks when driving (no matter what speed, i could be backing up in a parking lot.)
    -Keyless Entry Chirps died (sounded like it was underwater, then died. sporadically comes back so i disabled it)
    -Dealer installed tint is bubbled
    -Spoiler was not bolted tight (easy fix)
    -Rear window brake light was not disabled (easier fix)
    -Some plastic cover with foam from under the dash on the passenger side just fell off. I reattached it but it's cracked. wtf???

And one thing the dealer overlooked:

Checked my tires when i got it; the dealer had the tires inflated to 44 psi each! idiots.

Anyways, anyone else have this many little problems with their NEW car??

Let me know! If they don't fix my every little complaint, i will never go to that dealer again.
    Fender + WRX > Fender + VW...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nope. Had my '06 TR for a little over a year now and not problems from it whatsoever. Sorry to hear about yours. Good luck.
    Follow the goddamn prompts!!!!! - Tech Support

'06 WRX TR Aspen White - SOLD
    '96 Mazda Miata - Current Toy

Former Hawk-Eye Alliance #034

Quote Originally Posted by fenderwrx View Post
    -Keyless Entry Chirps died (sounded like it was underwater, then died. sporadically comes back so i disabled it)
    I have an 05...but still...my freakin chirp goes in and out all the time too...it just started happening over the last month. I havent talked to the dealer about it yet. Dont know if the warranty will cover it.

And dont say that you will never go there again cause they no longer give a crap since they've sold you it already...sorry dude.
    Last edited by Impreza WRX; 05-30-2007 at 04:16 AM.

A little over 1,600 miles and the only problem I have is my driver's side rear brakes make a noise... like a rubbing noise or something..

Other than that everything else is good..

Ah, lets see where to begin. (2005 wrx, 25200 miles)

-creaking glove compartment. was like that since the day i got it. if you open it and close it, the noise seems to go away for a little while but eventually comes back.

-The cruise control thingy makes an insane buzzing noise any time i go over bumps or if the weather is cold. (pretty much anything from vibrations up the steering column. I fixed this however, by taking the thing apart and shoving a piece of foam in it and screwing it back together. Never made a a noise since.

-Some sort of creaking noise from the rear seat belts when the weather is cold. Also a creaking noise from rear windows in cold weather.

-Driver's front seat seems to have some play depending on what "notch" you are in on the rail. Takes me like 5 minutes to reajust my seat if i had to move it out of place for some reason.

-Driver side front windows screeches when going down. Probably from opening/closing the door with the window partially down. (stupid frameless doors)

-My front brake rotors warped almost instantly after owning the car for maybe a couple months. Steering wheels shakes almost violently when braking at high speeds. (upgrading to slotted front rotors and 4/2 pot brake conversion at the end of the summer

-my keyless entry chirp goes wonky every once and a while. i just ignore it.

-A billion rock chips in my hood, and front fenders.

-I dont even want to talk about the front bumper.

Dont worry about all the small things wrong with your car. There are always be people that have worse problems than you do. Every time one of mine annoy me, i just think "hey, at least my motor isn't broken". Once you start modding the car, none of those things will matter anyway.

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    I had alot of these problems with my '06... The creaking comes and goes in all different places. My weather stripping completely came off on my rear passenger door when it was really cold out. When driving in the rain it sounds like my back windows are down, it's the weirdest thing, ever. I'm guessing the sheet metal is just really thin back there. The long cold starts and weird noises suck, but it's normal. Above all, the rock chips really suck.

Alot of stupid little things that really piss me off, but like the other guy said - at least your motor will be solid for a very long time, as for the tranny...
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

I Support ClubWRX
    The only constant rattle my WRX had was the rear seat belts. I found that if I kept them buckled they wouldnt rattle against the rear seat.

I did have 1 issue once where the rear window didnt roll all the way up. Of course I didnt notice it for a bit. The weather stripping on the rear door was very messed up and didnt allow the window to close properly. I adjusted the weather stripping and no more issues.

Luckily my STI doesnt have a ton of rattles. It has no constant rattles but I do get one over a bump every once in awhile from the drivers side door.

Good luck with getting yours fixed.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 96accord View Post
    A little over 1,600 miles and the only problem I have is my driver's side rear brakes make a noise... like a rubbing noise or something..
    Both mine on the back do, the dealer tells me that is a known behavior of those 2 pot brakes and not to worry about them.
    -AJ | Hawk-Eye Alliance #55 | Stink-Eye Mob #1
    NASIOC - Narcissistic, Arrogant, Self Involved, Oligarchy of Cryptorchidisms

2011 Chevy Camaro SS RS Package & 2011 Honda Pilot
    Used to have: Protune Stage 2 2010 Subaru WRX
    Used to have: Stage 4 2006 Subaru WRX

Add me to Facebook

I Support ClubWRX
    I didn't have any problems, but it sounds like your car mustabeen built Friday before christmas vacation of something. Take it to the dealer and try to get it remedied. If they can't fix it or refuse there is always the lemon law ave.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by farBeyondDriven View Post
    I had alot of these problems with my '06... The creaking comes and goes in all different places. My weather stripping completely came off on my rear passenger door when it was really cold out. When driving in the rain it sounds like my back windows are down, it's the weirdest thing, ever. I'm guessing the sheet metal is just really thin back there. The long cold starts and weird noises suck, but it's normal. Above all, the rock chips really suck.

Alot of stupid little things that really piss me off, but like the other guy said - at least your motor will be solid for a very long time, as for the tranny...
    is the tranny alright in the 07's? i was reading some posts about the 06-07 grenading 3rd gear, but i think some people think the 5 spd will take 320 lbs of torque

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    I didn't have any problems, but it sounds like your car mustabeen built Friday before christmas vacation of something. Take it to the dealer and try to get it remedied. If they can't fix it or refuse there is always the lemon law ave.
    Yeah, i am thinking the seal on the rear window might be effed up - i can put my finger in the outside gasket on the rear window and so i'm going to have to say it might be leaking into the roof. dealers going to hear WORDS...grr...if thats the case...thats lemonade material
    Fender + WRX > Fender + VW...

Quote Originally Posted by azWRX06 View Post
    Both mine on the back do, the dealer tells me that is a known behavior of those 2 pot brakes and not to worry about them.
    thanks for the info!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by fenderwrx View Post
    I bought my wrx brand new from a dealer like a month ago, and there is a rattling coming from the rear window. I pushed on the rear window and it makes a creaking noise, as does the interior cloth on the roof. anyone know if the dealer will laugh at me when i go up and ***** about it.

Here's my list of issues right now. Nothing big.

Oh wait. Does anyone else have hard starts in the morning when its below 60 out? I had my car turn over for a little while before it started up one morning. Also, my car idles at 1.5k-2k when it first starts up when its cold. it sounds odd.

but anyways, here's my list.

-Weather stripping on rear pass. door is falling off
    -Roof interior/rear window creeks when driving (no matter what speed, i could be backing up in a parking lot.)
    -Dealer installed tint is bubbled
    -Spoiler was not bolted tight (easy fix)
    -Rear window brake light was not disabled (easier fix)
    -Some plastic cover with foam from under the dash on the passenger side just fell off. I reattached it but it's cracked. wtf???

And one thing the dealer overlooked:

Checked my tires when i got it; the dealer had the tires inflated to 44 psi each! idiots.

Anyways, anyone else have this many little problems with their NEW car??

Let me know! If they don't fix my every little complaint, i will never go to that dealer again.
    Wow ... that is quite a list.

Most of it are things that should have been taken care of during the dealer prep when the car first arrived. They did not.

The tire issue ... some dealers overinflate the tires so they do not have a saggy look to them even they should.

The dealer should happily address all of the issues you have. If not notify SOA customer service either directly and / or by the satisfaction survey(s) you might get.

Moving to General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Tutorials ..
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics