Things to check after AutoX/race?

This is a discussion on Things to check after AutoX/race? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Anything to look over after a race/AutoX? Obviously if I hit something, I'd start there... but assuming you haven't hit ...

Things to check after AutoX/race?

Anything to look over after a race/AutoX? Obviously if I hit something, I'd start there... but assuming you haven't hit anything and nothing but hard accelorating and hard breaking... any suggestions to check to make sure everythings ship shape?

Ran my first one and want to make sure I'm taking care of my baby.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I wouldn't worry about it. These cars are designed for that type of driving. Auto-x is hard on tires, brakes, and if you're not careful, clutches. I saw 1 STi break a clutch once.

If you're worried about anything, just check your fluid levels.

I'd retorque your lugnuts. Everything else should be fine. Checking fluid levels never hurt anyone though.
    This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes retorque the lug nuts, and correct the air pressures since you no doubt added air for the autox. Then just make sure you didn't leave anything behind.

Shorten your maintenance interval to the severe service schedule in the manual or even shorter for gear oil, brake fluid, brakes, and motor oil.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Awesome, thanks guys!