Noise while driving...

This is a discussion on Noise while driving... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi guys.. I recently noticed a annoying noise while driving my wrx wagon (2002) (no major mods on my wrx) ...

Noise while driving...

Hi guys.. I recently noticed a annoying noise while driving my wrx wagon (2002) (no major mods on my wrx) only TT, BC and a BOV.. This whining sounds appear while I'm driving btwn 20mph -- 50mph once reach higher speeds it seems to disappear. I've checked all around .. nothing scrapping the floor or the tires... I could hear it real clear inside the car.. but once I open the window.. I dont hear much. I got a feeling its the alternator..or some pully.. Did any of you have this problem??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by VinWRX28 View Post
    Hi guys.. I recently noticed a annoying noise while driving my wrx wagon (2002) (no major mods on my wrx) only TT, BC and a BOV.. This whining sounds appear while I'm driving btwn 20mph -- 50mph once reach higher speeds it seems to disappear. I've checked all around .. nothing scrapping the floor or the tires... I could hear it real clear inside the car.. but once I open the window.. I dont hear much. I got a feeling its the alternator..or some pully.. Did any of you have this problem??
    Can't say i have, all i have ever heard is wastegate flutter

might i ask why you have a TT BC and BOV 3 of the not so great things for a WRX to have (TT doesn't really matter but also is unneeded)
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

I would guess something related to the BOV. They're not a good idea. Do you still have your stock BOV? I'd put it back on and see if the noise goes away.

Quote Originally Posted by xMDxWRX View Post
    Can't say i have, all i have ever heard is wastegate flutter

might i ask why you have a TT BC and BOV 3 of the not so great things for a WRX to have (TT doesn't really matter but also is unneeded)

I got it used from a friend ..its 1/2 off... i knw BC is unnessary. but the BOV.. like the sound of whooosee.. y'knw.

Quote Originally Posted by VinWRX28 View Post
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

that noise is bugging me... every time i drive it.... i test drove an 04 wagon.. at my lot.. no such noise comes out.. I checked my brakes it seems fine.. maybe another 1/3 left.. time to change brakes.. soon. Damn.. its time for an upgrade too.

Peachypumpkincheeks

It's your car whining about the poor mod choices you made!!! I think it's trying to tell you something!

My advice: ditch the BOV and BC, get a catless uppipe, some engine management, and a sexxy exhaust to cancel out the noise.

Problem solved.

Everything you could want to know about Subarus and ClubWRX
    The "Good first mods" sticky
    And here's great coverage of FAQs from NASIOC.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Damn kids and their foolish "turbocharged" cars.

Does someone wanna explain the TT? I know this guy ain't got a twin turbo set up.... Different acronym?
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralGeeWhiz View Post
    One more of these pointless threads and im going to bash my face into the computer screen.
    There's no replacement for displacement. Except for a fat ass turbo!!!

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by DSMKilla View Post

Does someone wanna explain the TT? I know this guy ain't got a twin turbo set up.... Different acronym?
    Turbo Timer silly.

Another mod NOT neccessary for our subies!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Quote Originally Posted by DSMKilla View Post

I thought he meant turbo timer.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino333 View Post
    I thought he meant turbo timer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedette View Post
    Turbo Timer silly.
    You're right. I'm sorry, my brain is dead. 5 days in a row of working till 11 at Costco is murder.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralGeeWhiz View Post
    One more of these pointless threads and im going to bash my face into the computer screen.
    There's no replacement for displacement. Except for a fat ass turbo!!!

I dont think this is a pointless thread... it gives out our experience info to our wrx community.. TO HELP OUT EACH OTHERS!! IF you think its pointless dont look or read it..

And for your info.. that whining noise I described... its a bad tranny.. My mechanic said its the sincro.. So guys.. if you think your scobie... cant shift to 2nd once in awhile.. and has this whining noise while driving only... ITs the TRANNY... I jack-up the car.. spin the wheels.. noise coming from tranny.. like crunching noise..
    And my subie warranty just expired on 5/28/07 for powertrain...
    But thank GOD!! i got extended warranty from another company.