power problem
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on power problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I recently upgraded my 06 wrx wagon to a TBE, short ram intake and cobb AP, stage 2...when I accelerate, ...

power problem

I recently upgraded my 06 wrx wagon to a TBE, short ram intake and cobb AP, stage 2...when I accelerate, the rpms shoot up and there is very little of anything, just a lot of noise and very slow acceleration. This happens through all the gears. Does anyone else experinence this? Could it be, or is it, a serious problem? How do I go about fixing this? Please help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    So when you floor it the tach goes up but you dont accelerate?

Sounds like your clutch is gone.

Get on the highway and floor it in 3rd and then 5th. If your rpms go up like crazy but you arent moving then your clutch is gone.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by ohsixwgnz View Post
    I recently upgraded my 06 wrx wagon to a TBE, short ram intake and cobb AP, stage 2...when I accelerate, the rpms shoot up and there is very little of anything, just a lot of noise and very slow acceleration. This happens through all the gears. Does anyone else experinence this? Could it be, or is it, a serious problem? How do I go about fixing this? Please help.
    Clutch slip? do the rpms shoot up then come back down and act normal? does the clutch feel fine?
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

i was afraid it might be clutch, but, yea when i floor it, in any gear the rpms shoot up and stay like that till the car slowly speeds up and it is time to shift again...looks like i might be gettin a clutch, any suggestions on a new brand and maybe a short throw shifter if there would be any benefit?

i was afraid it might be clutch, but, yea when i floor it, in any gear the rpms shoot up and stay like that till the car slowly speeds up and it is time to shift again...looks like i might be gettin a clutch, any suggestions on a new brand and maybe a short throw shifter if there would be any benefit?
    clutch no idea sorry, Short shifter i have the kartboy shifter and f&r bushings (works great )

well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    It sounds a little weird that this happened right after installing those parts. How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before installing the aftermarket parts?
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 20WRX04 View Post
    It sounds a little weird that this happened right after installing those parts. How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before installing the aftermarket parts?
    If the clutch was near toast and he went stage 2 I could easily see that extra torque taking the clutch out quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    If the clutch was near toast and he went stage 2 I could easily see that extra torque taking the clutch out quickly.
    Thats what happened to me, my pressure plate was faulty from the factory but it was fine till when i went Stage 2 ~6.5k though and within the next ~1k miles it was gone

it has almost 20k miles, and those upgrades were the first to be put on that car, they were installed may 25th, friday, everything was runnin great, then late saturday night i noticed, more in 4th and 5th gear, when i would go to accelerate the rpms would spike a little before feeling the power and now i it does it through all the gears and has very little acceleration

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Yeah, I see what you're both saying. It makes sense. It's just weird to see that happen with a newer car. My 04 has 60K on it & has been stage 2 for 40K & i'm still golden. (knocks on hood)
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

Yeah, I see what you're both saying. It makes sense. It's just weird to see that happen with a newer car. My 04 has 60K on it & has been stage 2 for 40K & i'm still golden. (knocks on hood)
    on hood?

yea i was mad as hell when my new 06 (maybe 3 or 4 months after buying it) had the clutch go out, warrenty for the win though

any ideas waht might be a good replacement? i was talkin to one of the guys from jscspeed and he suggested ClutchMasters FX200

any ideas waht might be a good replacement? i was talkin to one of the guys from jscspeed and he suggested ClutchMasters FX200
    I've heard that it's better to go with a stock clutch because upgrading the clutch w/o upgrading the tranny on a WRX might make it go boom, especially with the mods you have. Anyone else heard of this?
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

I've heard that it's better to go with a stock clutch because upgrading the clutch w/o upgrading the tranny on a WRX might make it go boom, especially with the mods you have. Anyone else heard of this?
    ok, save me some money, i like it, givin them a call tomorrow...thanks for all your help everyone

I Support ClubWRX
    Go with a stockish gripping clutch. Anything else puts a ton of pressure on your gears.

Depending on how many miles you have you might want to consider your driving habits. Many people run stage 2+ power limits and never have an issue with their clutch.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.