Might need reflash, 07 STi...maybe?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Might need reflash, 07 STi...maybe? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've heard a lot about the 07 STi's needing an ECU reflash...what are the symptoms of the car? I'm getting ...

Might need reflash, 07 STi...maybe?

I've heard a lot about the 07 STi's needing an ECU reflash...what are the symptoms of the car?

I'm getting this sputtering from the turbo around 3K.
    In time people will see who you truly are.

2007 Urban Grey Metallic Subaru Impreza WRX STi. Hawkeye Alliance #71

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Second thread on the flash in two days. I made a rather lengthy post in the other one if you search for it.

Cliff Notes: The flash usually only fixes the issue for a tank of gas or two and it comes back. Gabe has a free enginuty map that fixes it. Subaru hasnt released a "real" fix for the issue. The issue is the car isnt going into OL as it should. It wont go into OL until you are past 4,400 rpms or above 80 mph. This is the hestiation you feel.

Either get a tactrix and flash or get an AP and flash. Those are really the only fixes as of yet. Subaru probaly wont release a fix because they probaly cant due to emissions.

The issue everyone complains about is hestiation between 3-4k rpms. It should feel "jerky" and not "smooth" when getting on it.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

are u serious, i got a 07 sti. Is this happening to all the 07s? subaru should recall the problem because it sounds like the turbo will blow.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MR2fastn2fine View Post
    are u serious, i got a 07 sti. Is this happening to all the 07s? subaru should recall the problem because it sounds like the turbo will blow.
    No not serious at all

The turbo should be the least of the worrys. With the car boosting in CL you'd risk detnation and possible destroying the motor (the car will pull timing and cut power probaly before the motor goes).

None the less Subaru has issued a "fix" for it that doesnt really fix it. They apparently cant fix it (or dont want to ) due to emissions.

Luckily there are several options to fix it on your own. Search Nasioc for "gabedude" as he has a free map you can flash or get an AP.

It's not with EVERY STI just 90% of them. If you use the same high quality gas over and over the ECU will probaly run on it's aggresive map other then the crappy one. The thing is if you go out of town and get some lesser quality gas it'll start to have problems (Like mine did this week).

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    If you use the same high quality gas over and over the ECU will probaly run on it's aggresive map other then the crappy one. The thing is if you go out of town and get some lesser quality gas it'll start to have problems (Like mine did this week).
    So if we stick to 93 octane from the same place it should cancel out the problem? Good job subie
    In time people will see who you truly are.

2007 Urban Grey Metallic Subaru Impreza WRX STi. Hawkeye Alliance #71

I own an '07 wrx sports wagon and yesterday the CEL was on steady and cruiser light was blinking.
    I took it to the service center this morning and they told me i have a misfire on cylinder 1 and 2!

I only have 1800 miles on my baby and this sh*t is happening.

The service center couldn't work on it since they only handle oil changes n stuff on Saturdays. Anyone know what are possible causes of this misfire?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wagonboost View Post
    I own an '07 wrx sports wagon and yesterday the CEL was on steady and cruiser light was blinking.
    I took it to the service center this morning and they told me i have a misfire on cylinder 1 and 2!

I only have 1800 miles on my baby and this sh*t is happening.

The service center couldn't work on it since they only handle oil changes n stuff on Saturdays. Anyone know what are possible causes of this misfire?
    Misfires could be anything really. Could be a bad coil, bad gas, bad plugs etc.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtek View Post
    So if we stick to 93 octane from the same place it should cancel out the problem? Good job subie
    Yeah this is one theory and it worked fine for me. My car wasnt nearly as bad as it was when I was filling up up at the same station over and over. I was out of town and had to grab some other gas (still 93 but different station) and it started acting all kinds of funny. It's finally get back to how it was before.

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Yeah this is one theory and it worked fine for me. My car wasnt nearly as bad as it was when I was filling up up at the same station over and over. I was out of town and had to grab some other gas (still 93 but different station) and it started acting all kinds of funny. It's finally get back to how it was before.

Dude...I totally filled up at a different Mobil with the usual 93+ octane. After a good 50+ miles of driving is when I noticed the CEL. It drove pretty sh*tty for the rest of the day, especially with the a/c on. I was pretty low on gas by the end of the night and filled up a little at my usual Mobil and parked the suby.

Next morning, I was driving it to the service center and it drove a little bit better. Maybe the "better" gas was curing the misfire? I hope.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.