i need new brakes ? help me

This is a discussion on i need new brakes ? help me within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; when im driving and this is only wen im rolling to a stop if i tap breaks i hear them ...

Banned

i need new brakes ? help me

when im driving and this is only wen im rolling to a stop if i tap breaks i hear them like something is cracking ... it sounds like this " cookkk coookk coook" lmao ... i might as well get it checked out but it only happens wen i rolling 0-10 to a stop sign .. what can this be ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

How many miles are on your car? Are you still on the stock brakes?
    Try not, do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
    Mods

Banned
    its an 05 with 22k miles and yes stock breaks .... do u have an opinion?

With only 22K, I highly doubt that the brakes are worn out unless you run a lot of track days or autocross.
    Mods

Banned
    no i dont do that ... what can be wrong ?> and how much am i looking at?

Well, get your car up on a lift, or just jack up each corner individually, and take off your wheels and take a good look at your rotors and pads. If the rotors are badly grooved (some grooving is okay) or the pads are worn away, then you just need some new pads and rotors. If that's not the case, then I can't really say without actually driving your car and hearing the noise and feeling the brakes for myself. Also, check your brake fluid level. That's probably not the problem, but it's a good thing to check anyway.
    Mods

Banned
    ok thanks sir

Check the pads, check the rotors... but usually if your pads are worn then you shouldn't hear the sensor when you are braking only when you are rolling. My best guess would be to take a look and the CV joints, you will be able to see if one is worn down. But I must admit, it's always hilarious for people to try and type out a "sound".

Let us know if you find anything odd.

Quote Originally Posted by subz View Post
    when im driving and this is only wen im rolling to a stop if i tap breaks i hear them like something is cracking ... it sounds like this " cookkk coookk coook" lmao ... i might as well get it checked out but it only happens wen i rolling 0-10 to a stop sign .. what can this be ?
    i have the same problem. i took my car to the dealer, got new pads, and it still chirps when im slowing down.
    00 Black Honda Civic Si Stolen RIP
    04 Blue Subaru Impreza WRX

kill thieves: