air filter in boost line?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on air filter in boost line? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm installing my prosport electric boost gauge and it comes with an air filter that I think I am supposed ...

air filter in boost line?

I'm installing my prosport electric boost gauge and it comes with an air filter that I think I am supposed to put in the boost line after the "T" connector and before the sender unit. Is this really necessary? I've done a lot of reading on installing this gauge and haven't run across this until I started looking at all the parts they sent me.
    04' WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

prosport recommends it to keep debri from getting into the sender. i have it installed on mine
    2006 OBP WRX

HAWK-EYE Alliance#072

Quote Originally Posted by John_M View Post
    prosport recommends it to keep debri from getting into the sender. i have it installed on mine
    Same here.
    Blobeye Syndicate #035
    Cobb Stage 2

thanks for the replies, I put it in last night. Getting the hoses to fit over that plastic T fitting was a pain! I'm still not sure I got them on far enough. Do you have any tricks for getting those to go on easier?
    04' WRX

i didnt use that pos line and plastic T. they used to always crack on my gti. i made mine using brass t's at home depot. costed me about 6 bucks and will never leak lol. for the hose, i just used vacuum line from checkers. good luck bro
    2006 OBP WRX

HAWK-EYE Alliance#072

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.