Air intake silencer delete, and other questions HELP

This is a discussion on Air intake silencer delete, and other questions HELP within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a pretty much stock 02' wrx and did the air intake silencer delete yesterday, someone told me this ...

Air intake silencer delete, and other questions HELP

I have a pretty much stock 02' wrx and did the air intake silencer delete yesterday, someone told me this could be harmful to the car just wondering if this is true? second, i am now interested in getting a bov and a short ram, now do i need to put the air intake silencer back on for these mods so there arnt any problems? i know these arnt traditional first mods i should be looking into doing first, but im searching for catback exhaust but i dont no where to start looking im on a tight budget because i just lost my job so if anyone has any suggestions for a economical catback id be glad to hear it.

please help,

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I don't know why I'm replying, but here goes...

DO NOT GET A BOV. It will only cause you enormous grief. Intakes aren't needed on our cars either, your stock one is fine until you start pushing somewhere around 450 hp.

The silencer delete is perfectly okay for you car, it will not cause harm.
    Do some searches around here, you'll find plenty of information on first mods to take, mod paths, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralGeeWhiz View Post
    One more of these pointless threads and im going to bash my face into the computer screen.
    There's no replacement for displacement. Except for a fat ass turbo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DSMKilla View Post
    I don't know why I'm replying, but here goes...

DO NOT GET A BOV. It will only cause you enormous grief. Intakes aren't needed on our cars either, your stock one is fine until you start pushing somewhere around 450 hp.

The silencer delete is perfectly okay for you car, it will not cause harm.
    Do some searches around here, you'll find plenty of information on first mods to take, mod paths, etc.
    +1. BOV NO GO. An SRI is OK, but get yourself some steady $$$ first.
    06 GTO M6 Quicksilver, SLP 455 Bobcat, LS7 Clutch w/ SS line (RPM tune:373rwhp/373rwtq)
    07 WRX TR M5 Garnet Red Pearl w/ Straight PPGs and Cusco front LSD (Agile tune:307whp/343wtq)

the cobb short ram and SPI short ram should be fine. cobb is cheaper. the Ebay exhuast is cheap and decent
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-03...11868475QQrdZ1

Ebay product review thread

I got a GPMoto intake elbow to replace the silencer. I don't think it does anything whatsoever for performance, but I do get a little more turbo whine and bov noise. It's totally childish and ultimately pointless.

Oh, and DON"T GET A BOV!! As DSMKilla said, you'll cause yourself grief.

For a good cat back....Talk to Justin from JSC Speed for Pricing, they will price match anything they stock!

No BOV!
    2006 WRB WRX Wagon

+1 to dont get a bov, i had the hks ss bov and i was losing half the boost, put back the stock one and started hitting target boost everytime.