air-c question.

This is a discussion on air-c question. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; from what i know, theres an L valve located on the firewall side of the passenger side under the hood ...

air-c question.

from what i know, theres an L valve located on the firewall side of the passenger side under the hood for the a/c. And supposely you can press it or something to check if there's any freon left??? only thing i could do is unscrew it... and nothing came out... am i empty?

and where is the condensor or something located? pic anyone?
    would the condensor work if i had no freon?

sorry for all the NeWB questions, hope someone can help...

thanks in advance.

[i gotta get this a/c workin, its startin to get hot, and defoging the windows when its raining sucks balls]

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You got it, just unscrew the cap marked with an H, get real close, the sight valve is small. Push in on the valve and you know how much is in there. When the R134a displaces the oxygen in your lungs, just call for help!

Sorry, i'm a ass. The two valves on the system marked with an H and L are for a set of refrigerant gauges which measure pressure. The only way to know how much is in there is recover it and weigh it. If yours has leaked out, you'll need a recharge with leak dye chaser. After that leaks out again, if it doesnt do it quickly, you can find the leak with a black light. Repair and recharge as needed. If you arent low on refrigerant, you could have some other electrical( pressure switch, fin temp sensor) or mechanical(compressor, clutch) failure. This is the time of year for A/C repairs so find someone with a special deal on Diag.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.