Anyone ever use Sea Foam? **long, kinda reviewish**
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Anyone ever use Sea Foam? **long, kinda reviewish** within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So i have this buddy who's got an E36 M3 w/ 140k on it. He was having missfire issues for ...

Anyone ever use Sea Foam? **long, kinda reviewish**

So i have this buddy who's got an E36 M3 w/ 140k on it. He was having missfire issues for a while. He tried everything he could think of to get it to go away. Took it to the dealer and everything and they told him that he should run Sea Foam through it.

So he goes to the auto parts store to find this stuff. He gets it and sucks it into his intake manifold via a vaccuum hose. Immediately his car starts running like holy hell, spitting and sputtering and all that and he starts shooting just pitch black nasty exhaust. So he shuts it off like the instructions say and lets it sit for a half an hr.

After the half hour he goes back out starts it up and takes it for a drive. I guess you're just supposed to beat the living **** out of it so that's what he did. Redline after redline until at the end of a day full of driving, the smoke started getting thinner and thinner until it was back the normal color and stink.

His review of it is that his car has never run better, ever. It fixed the missfire, and the idle is smooth as silk.

I guess what it's supposed to do is burn all the crappy buildup off your valves and pistons and stuff and make your internals "so fresh and so clean, clean." So i'm guessing it's an acid. You can put it in your oil, fuel and any other place too so he went and did the same for both of those.

He went back and got his oil changed after 50 or so miles (only about 200 miles on that oil change) and the mechanic came out and said, "did you run Sea Foam on your car? Cuz your oil is the blackest i've seen in years. Good **** isn't it?" lol

So i think i'm gonna try this stuff. My car doesn't feel right, right now. When i start it warm, it fires up then the R's drop to like 300 then it jumps back up to idle at 500. It's strange i think. So i'll post back when i do this. Maybe even post pics of the nasty black smoke i produce... cuz it's gonna be awesome... and smelly.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2004
    Military Militia #30-06

2004 WRX - JBP:Stage 2:13.93 @ 96

Wingless alas. Too bad it took a 50 ton truck to make it happen.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I've used the stuff on my old Dodge Dakota 3.9 w/ about 60k on it. Good stuff. It's basically like top engine cleaner. I was switching it over to synthetic oil, and I wanted to clean up the internals to make it a little more worth while. I ran Techron through the gas for a few weeks (good stuff too). Then I used the Seafoam through the manifold and also got TONS of thick smoke, not as much as the Beamer with 140k on it (that must've been fun ) And then, yeah the oil change was like shoe polish, with only about 1k since the last change.

It got rid of an engine ping I was getting, and it felt like it was firing a little stronger. I would say Seafoam (or any real top engine cleaner) and Techron are among the few things you can pour into your engine that actually do something. Most of the stuff out there is just crap.

i used seafoam on my 300zx twin turbo... i only put it in the gas tank and sucked it in through the vaccuum into the intake manifold... didn't want to add it to the oil and then have to change it 100 miles later. worked great! car definitely ran smoother and quieter. i noticed more power and response. the stuff works miracles!

I have used Seafoam about 4 times on my VDub. It works great and It will clear alot of the Sh*t out and also improves throttle response. Highley Recommended

Dose anyone know which Vaccum lines it would be safe to suck from on a 04' WRX??

-Josh

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.