The Dreaded SOA Warranty
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on The Dreaded SOA Warranty within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ahh, so the hot topic of discussion. The SOA Extended Warranty. Yes, I have the 6 year/50,000 mile plan, due ...

The Dreaded SOA Warranty

Ahh, so the hot topic of discussion. The SOA Extended Warranty. Yes, I have the 6 year/50,000 mile plan, due to the fact that my last car's catalytic converter went kaput at 30k. It was a 2000 Firebird, I know, and this is a theoretically better engineered Japanese Subaru...but hey, I'm not taking any chances. I go to Vermont all the time and other hostile environments, and the last thing I need is my Rex to go broke on me.

Soooo here's my question. A mechanic around here tells me that the Vishnu Stage Zero is an easy install, easy uninstall...meaning that should something go wrong with the sube and I need to file a claim for warranty, the uninstallation of the kit is easy and I could limp back to Subaru. Seems too good to be true. Then again, it's not far-fetched either...Stage Zero is just an uppipe, MBC, EMI adapter...not anything major. What do you guys think??

-slim
    2003 Subaru Impreza WRX (AP Stage 2)
    Midnight Black, weathered and beaten thanks to the wonderful citizens of Philadelphia, PA

2005 Honda S2000
    Silverstone Metallic Exterior, Red/Black Interior, a shifter made in heaven

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I would guess just uninstalling the uppipe itself would be a Huge PITA! But thats just a guess. The rest should be no problem. Maybe keep the stock uppipe and decat it. That would probably be the best bet if you want to make it easy to go back to stock appearance. I feel for you though. I've haven't done anything that is hard to change back to stock just cause of the dreaded warranty issue. Theres a lot I want to do but I want to wait until the warranty is near up.
    Rubber Duckies Fair Well in the Rain

So what would everyone do...remove all aftermarket performance products when going into the dealer? I'm concidering a UTEC, which can just be unplugged, but things like exhaust are a little more work.

I don't think you'll fool the dealer. The evidence of the work to install / uninstall the mods will be evident. I spoke to a rep of Mastro Subaru who reported seeing cars in this condition. The SOA tech reps see thousands of cars and they know what they're looking for / at.

misterx

True. I wonder how pickey they would be about exhaust parts...I mean, the dealer will put on a STi or SPT exhaust. I can see why a UTEC, or the like, would cause some problems.

They were very pickey about my exhaust parts.

misterx

Oh well. I guess if you want a really fast car, then you have to be prepared to pay for the things that break. Otherwise we should have bought faster (and more expensive) cars that were designed for the power.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.