My replacement long block is jacked...help!

This is a discussion on My replacement long block is jacked...help! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Beginning of March I blew my engine due to being lazy on my oil changes. Fast forward to beginning of ...

My replacement long block is jacked...help!

Beginning of March I blew my engine due to being lazy on my oil changes. Fast forward to beginning of May-- I finally have my car back and it's running great except for a drivers side valve tick.

I took it to the dealership yesterday and they looked at it for five hours. They determined that it needs to be disassembled and investigated further. They told me they checked the oil and it wasn't even touching the dipstick so they put in two quarts. I just changed the oil two weeks ago. There's no external leak and they don't know where it's going. They said it could be a ring problem.

So I'm going to claim my 90 day warranty on this engine. Problem is I need a new long block and turbo ASAP and have absolutely NO clue where to look. Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by verbal View Post
    Beginning of March I blew my engine due to being lazy on my oil changes. Fast forward to beginning of May-- I finally have my car back and it's running great except for a drivers side valve tick.

I took it to the dealership yesterday and they looked at it for five hours. They determined that it needs to be disassembled and investigated further. They told me they checked the oil and it wasn't even touching the dipstick so they put in two quarts. I just changed the oil two weeks ago. There's no external leak and they don't know where it's going. They said it could be a ring problem.

So I'm going to claim my 90 day warranty on this engine. Problem is I need a new long block and turbo ASAP and have absolutely NO clue where to look. Any ideas?
    Define "lazy on my oil changes"?
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

www.axispowerracing.net & cobb has some

I can't seem to find a 2.0 engine at all. I can find 2.5 easily though.

If I decided to go to a 2.5, aside from a new turbo, fuel pump, and IC, what else would I have to upgrade? I'm guessing drive train, transmission, clutch, and God only knows what else. I don't have the money for that. But if I can get by with just the needed upgrades under the hood, I might be able to manage it.

If you had a 90 day warranty on that engine, why do you need to find another one? Won't whoever the warranty is from just replace it with another one?
    Blobeye Syndicate #035
    Cobb Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by jaqattack02 View Post
    If you had a 90 day warranty on that engine, why do you need to find another one? Won't whoever the warranty is from just replace it with another one?
    After getting one broken engine from the company I really don't trust them getting me another one. How many times am I supposed to pay for an engine swap?

The guy told me to get a can of restore and see if that fixes my problem. Ugh.

Where can two quarts of oil go if there's no external leak? I'm not seeing any black exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by verbal View Post
    After getting one broken engine from the company I really don't trust them getting me another one. How many times am I supposed to pay for an engine swap?

The guy told me to get a can of restore and see if that fixes my problem. Ugh.

Where can two quarts of oil go if there's no external leak? I'm not seeing any black exhaust.
    What does that warranty cover? I would look into that closer. If their engine is screwed up and causing you to have to have it removed and replaced, they should pay for all of it. If the engine is screwed up because of something you did, it's a different situation. But in my opinion, if their product is causing the issue, they need to rectify the situation, without any cost to you.
    Blobeye Syndicate #035
    Cobb Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by jaqattack02 View Post
    What does that warranty cover? I would look into that closer. If their engine is screwed up and causing you to have to have it removed and replaced, they should pay for all of it. If the engine is screwed up because of something you did, it's a different situation. But in my opinion, if their product is causing the issue, they need to rectify the situation, without any cost to you.
    +1 I agree.
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.