brakes trouble on 02 sti firstime owner
Results 1 to 8 of 8

This is a discussion on brakes trouble on 02 sti firstime owner within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i'm having brakes problem in that its binding. but the calipers are moving freely when removed and checked. it is ...

  1. #1
    Registered User sharazgk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    trinidad, west indies
    Posts
    8

    brakes trouble on 02 sti firstime owner

    i'm having brakes problem in that its binding. but the calipers are moving freely when removed and checked. it is also making a clatter noise when the brakes pedal is depressed. need some advice.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Registered User xMDxWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Towson MD
    Posts
    1,337
    Quote Originally Posted by sharazgk View Post
    i'm having brakes problem in that its binding. but the calipers are moving freely when removed and checked. it is also making a clatter noise when the brakes pedal is depressed. need some advice.
    That doesn't sound too good, i have no idea what could cause that so my advice is go to a shop.

    Did you say 02 STI? i thought the blobeyes were the first STIs?
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

    Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

  4. #3
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    11,098
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by xMDxWRX View Post
    That doesn't sound too good, i have no idea what could cause that so my advice is go to a shop.

    Did you say 02 STI? i thought the blobeyes were the first STIs?
    Location says West Indies....probaly a JDM or EDM car.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

  5. #4
    Registered User sharazgk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    trinidad, west indies
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Location says West Indies....probaly a JDM or EDM car.
    it was bought used from japan. brakes are brembo

  6. #5
    Registered User sharazgk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    trinidad, west indies
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by xMDxWRX View Post
    That doesn't sound too good, i have no idea what could cause that so my advice is go to a shop.

    Did you say 02 STI? i thought the blobeyes were the first STIs?
    did you mean bug eyes and it is . seatbelt tag is 02 year and it is a sti imported from japan. did go to a shop but was told it could be the flex lines so i might have to replace them. just thought someone might have come across a problem similar to this. thanks for replying.

  7. #6
    Registered User xMDxWRX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Towson MD
    Posts
    1,337
    Quote Originally Posted by sharazgk View Post
    did you mean bug eyes and it is . seatbelt tag is 02 year and it is a sti imported from japan. did go to a shop but was told it could be the flex lines so i might have to replace them. just thought someone might have come across a problem similar to this. thanks for replying.
    I meant blobeye because those were the first usdm STIs (04-05)
    2004 VW GLI "Back In Boost "

    Quote Originally Posted by KanoWRX View Post
    well...IMO, or IMI (In My Imagination) WRX's/STi's are still better that Evo's...hands down...despise the facts.........

  8. #7
    Toboggan T0rque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Your Mommas
    Posts
    25,514
    I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds to me like you want to check your brake booster/master cylinder.


    Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

  9. #8
    Registered User sharazgk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    trinidad, west indies
    Posts
    8

    brakes trouble

    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Sounds to me like you want to check your brake booster/master cylinder.
    the mechanic did some troubleshooting including brake booster, master cylinder, abs system and flex lines. all is well. he came to the conclusion that the front brakes rotors are warped which caused the disc pads to be worn uneven. causing the brakes to bind at certain points. so i'm gonna change them both out. waiting on parts to be shipped

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •