CODE P0340 all scooby gurus

This is a discussion on CODE P0340 all scooby gurus within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; well, i was kinda owning on a eclipse gts in my 02 wrx and threw a CEL... checked at the ...

CODE P0340 all scooby gurus

well, i was kinda owning on a eclipse gts in my 02 wrx and threw a CEL... checked at the local auto zone and the code p0340 popped off... then the steering was hard as hell... no power steering=no fluid...checked it out and indeed there was no fluid, refilled it and looked underneath the fluid was literary pouring... ****ted brick for a bit, lifted up the car and found the source (a loose bolt that was probably left loose after the tranny was pulled) i tightened the bolt and problem solved, reseted the ECU and im golded....my question is would the leaking cause the the code P0340 to pop up?? is the pump somehow connected to such senser? please i need to know, the car idles perfect, no loss of power, no strange sounds... car is normal... can someone clarify that for me? please thanks in advance and sorry for the long thread
    flies like a butterfly, stings like when i pee

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

can someone show me a picture or throughly explain where exactly the CaM POSITION SENSOR IS LOCATED... the one that throws the CEL P3040... please...that way i could check the sensor myself.... thanks

BuMp.... FYI the car seems to be in great condition

Hi

I would like to know too where is this sensor located? Please help, thanks.

I got my P0340 when I revved over 6000rpm.. I reseted my ECU but I got this code again few days later revving over 6000rpm.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobytune View Post
    Hi

I would like to know too where is this sensor located? Please help, thanks.

I got my P0340 when I revved over 6000rpm.. I reseted my ECU but I got this code again few days later revving over 6000rpm.
    Uh, maybe don't rev that high again til it gets fixed.
    New EnglandF4
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #010

Drivers side front, directly behind the timing belt cover and above/behind the upper cam sprocket.

Okay, I found it. I took it off and used some super cleaner to the connectors and put it back, no CEL so far. There is some kind of gasket around the sensor, should it be tight seal? I believe that I could put my finger through it from the side of the sensor. Flap gasket or something..

Thanks.