Eletrical help!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Eletrical help!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So a few weeks ago I installed an electric boost gauge and an electric oil pressure guage from Prosport gauges ...

Eletrical help!!

So a few weeks ago I installed an electric boost gauge and an electric oil pressure guage from Prosport gauges and i have them wired so that they are green when the headlights are on and white when they are not. Everything looks great and works great, for the most part. To make a long story short, I was rear-ended, the body shop didn't tighten down one of the tail lights, it rained before i figured this out, filled up with water and shorted out one of my brake lights. I replaced it and now when i have the lights on at night and shift into reverse, either just one or both of the gauges change from their green lights (on when the headlights are turned on) to the white lights (on when the headlights are off). I've tried connecting the gauges to different wires and no luck. Any help would be great. Thanks
    Last edited by wwrxd; 05-11-2007 at 02:46 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Do your reverse lights come on when in reverse? Sounds like a short in the reverse lights, but how that might affect your gages is a bit of a mystery to me.

How are they wired to change color? What circuit are you plugged into? Headlights? Taillights?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Yeah it's a mystery to me too and the reverse lights work fine. I have the gauges spliced into a wire near the ignition and the switch for my lights. I used a meter to find what wire would allow my gauges to change color when the lights were turned on, but maybe i should just try another wire away from that area.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.