Subaru WRX Forum banner

3000 Mile Service and Wire with Green Connection help?

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  mikeythejew 
#1 ·
Just got my 3000 Mile Service done. New Gasket, Oil & oil filter changed, Washer Fluid fill up. Driving home from the dealership, I felt something rubbing my leg, ive never felt before. Get home and check and theres a wire hanging out. Its unplugged, I don't know if it ever was plugged in to the other connection. So I plug it in, and my check engine light starts flashing. unplugg it and leave it. Heres a picture of it, Should it be plugged in or not? What is it for? Also, my shifts are a whole lot smoother,a whole lot. Is this from the service described above or something else?

On a side note, I detailed my car today, and forgot to tell the dealership not to wash it!:mad: I came back to a water spotted dirty mess:thumbdown . Thanks for the help guys.

See less See more
#5 ·
Ever Since my 3000mile service, my car feels alot slower. I can be in 3rd gear at 2k and punch it, and get barley any pickup. It feels different also. What should I do? Bring it in? Will they charge for looking at it?

#6 ·
They will probably just drive it real hard then tell you its fine. Its just my guess though, so if you think it has a real problem take it in. It might just be the warmer weather.

#9 ·
ok ill start off with telling you ive been a subaru tech for 8 years..what you felt rubbing on your leg (green connectors) is called the d-check connector (dealer check mode)..everyone who said leave it unplugged is right...its supposed to be..they use it to test all systems in a vehicle..the reason they moved the connector is to check for computer flashes (reprograming) the reason your car shifts smoother is because there was a recall on your vehicle for "shift shock"and has been corrected..the reason you dont know about it is because its a recall non customer pay issue and they just did it to get paid by subarui of america and didnt tell you they did it..the reason the wire is dangling and rubbing your leg is because of a lazt half azz tech who was too much of a hack to put it back up where it belongs..i suggest when you go in for your next service mention it..tell them next time they are going to do any warrenty work to your vehicle inform you first...and to put things back where they belong...but on the bright side i will say they are going the extra mile to make sure your vehicle is up to par ..congrats on your new ecu upgrade..

#10 ·
I dont know if I had an automatic I would like the tranny update. If the tranny shifts smoother, the clutch plates in it will wear out sooner. So pretend you are going to put 145k on your car before you off it. It would suck if the tranny would have made it say 150k instead of 135k before the tranny needed a rebuild.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.