Recharge A/C

This is a discussion on Recharge A/C within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Anyone know how much R-134a a 2002 wrx wagon takes for a recharge...I was thinking 30psi??!! Thanks for any info......

Recharge A/C

Anyone know how much R-134a a 2002 wrx wagon takes for a recharge...I was thinking 30psi??!!
    Thanks for any info...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

C'mon...someone must have charged the A/C before. I know more than just me lives in SoCal!

If you go to a Autoparts store they sell the recharge kits with a guage to tell you when your system is full. I think the one we sell is like $20 for everything.
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I was searching for my condenser post I'm about to put up and ran into this. Lots of good info, look at the posts >#17.

It's getting very warm outside.....need A/C help

Hope this helps.

I ahve all of the stuff to charge it, and already have, just don't know the correct pressure. Those gauges aren't make specific. It say 40 is full...but it was 28 on my other car. I just don't want to put in too much as it is bad for the system.
    Thanks for the replies guys.

The manual says:
    Low pressure: 18-28psi.
    High Pressure: 213-242psi.

Is this what you're looking for? There are 27 steps in the recharging procedures.
    24) Adjust the refrigerant flow to maintain the pressure on the low-pressure side at 276 kPa (2.81 kg/ cm2, 40 psi) max.
    Last edited by section9; 05-17-2007 at 10:27 PM.
    Batmobile: 2002 WRX wagon RIP

you dont add a psi. you flow it in at a psi. those cans are either 1 or 2 lb cans. its probally in that area. if you had the system disconnected you will have to take it to some one with a recovery station. one of the steps is to pull a vacuum on the system and then wait to make sure it doesnt have a leak. then add through the low side is your safer bet because you can do it car on or off. and make sure you position the can the right way to add either gas to the high pressure side or liquid to the low.

check the service manual. if it just stopped working you should have a vacuum pulled. just my $0.02
    07 white STi in CT