Bad MAF?

This is a discussion on Bad MAF? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey i recently got a P0103 code which is a MAF error I removed the MAF and tried to clean ...

Bad MAF?

Hey i recently got a

P0103 code which is a MAF error

I removed the MAF and tried to clean it by using a qtip to clean the amber temp sensor and i dident have any cleaner so i just blew into the tube to try and blow some of the dust of my MAF sensor...

this was 2 days and now i got 2 codes

P0103 - The MAF error
    P0113 - The Intake Temp Sensor error

Has anyone seen this? can a good cleaning with some MAF cleaner do the trick or do you thin i may need to replace the sensors?

Can these be had at a suburu dealership?
    Bugeye Mafia #125 - And Proud Of It!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

After clearing them and travelling to Houston and back (an hour each way) i have no CEL's to speak of.

So i guess its probly not damaged.... ill stop and get some MAF cleaner and see how that works
    Bugeye Mafia #125 - And Proud Of It!

i too get these error codes on occasion they were very frequent when I first got my car. Lately I've driving it at a higher RPM range (I drive alot at least 800-1000 miles per week) Since driving it steady in the 28-3500 rpm range I get no error codes, When i try go the speed limit, the codes come back. Maybe this is a mapping issue? I am a newbie still, so check with someone more experienced in this area, mine is just a guess.

Try this:

This message printed on 100% recycled electrons.