a/c air temperature

This is a discussion on a/c air temperature within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a problem, or what i believe to be a problem with my a/c. When it is blowing from ...

a/c air temperature

I have a problem, or what i believe to be a problem with my a/c. When it is blowing from the vent it will get really cold for about 10 seconds, and then gradually warm up and then cool back off again. I can feel the car buck a bit to what I believe is the condensor kicking on and then kicking back off. What would or could cause my air to get really cold and then warm up and the condensor to cut on and off?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Low refrigerant, high/low line pressure, or both.
    Have the system recharged, be careful of overfilling as it will cause high pressure compressor cutoff.
    Easy to overfill, total refrigerant weight is 1.15lbs max for my bugeye.
    2005 Legacy GT - stock for now
    1991 Galant VR4 - Sold
    2002 WRX Wagon - Sold

I Support ClubWRX
    Might want to have it leak checked first though, rather than fill it and find out it just leaks out again.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I actually put some in yesterday, and overfilled as well haha, but i was able to take care of that, it seems a little better, the compressor stays on longer than originally, and being that this is the first car that I have ever had with ac i think its more of that im not use to it than anything