Humming/Buzzing noise coming from the dash

This is a discussion on Humming/Buzzing noise coming from the dash within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So just picked up my 2006 WRX (4k miles) a couple weeks ago. I have noticed that anytime I drive ...

Humming/Buzzing noise coming from the dash

So just picked up my 2006 WRX (4k miles) a couple weeks ago. I have noticed that anytime I drive on a rough or bumpy road, I get this wierd buzzing noise that is coming from somewhere in my dash (more towards the steering wheel area). I honestly thought I could look past it but the noise is really getting to me. Has anyone ever heard of this before or know what I can do to fix it? Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

its that piece behind the steering wheel u know the thing where ur knobs are connected to ( wiper/ light knobs) i just stuffed a piece of plastic near the key hole and it stopped making noises

Really? You think something like that can cause that loud of a noise? I will try it though, I will try anything! So you wedged the plastic around where you put in your key?