Rear-ended by motorcycle
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Rear-ended by motorcycle within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; On friday 4/20 I was slammed into by a guy on a motorcycle, luckily he wasn't hurt too bad, he ...

Rear-ended by motorcycle

On friday 4/20 I was slammed into by a guy on a motorcycle, luckily he wasn't hurt too bad, he swerved at the last second and probably saved his life. Basically he assumed I was going to go through a light that I decided not to, it was yellow and about to be red, he clipped the back and right side of my car, even puncturing the gas tank. Never have I seen a motorcycle do the damage he did, car was not drivable afterward, but again, luckily he was alive.

My poor baby, I am driving a red, vomit, Chevy Cobalt, not supercharged unfortunately. But at least the guy had insurance, and everything appears to be going smoothly.

Better than my last accident which consisted of a drunk driver hitting a lady on the freeway who then shot off and hit me on the feeder road, and the drunk drove off. I am just glad it's not going under my insurance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Peachypumpkincheeks

Damn dude! Glad everyone was okay (despite both vehicle casualties!) Is she fixable?

Any pics? (You know someone was gonna ask!)
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

Thanks.
    Yeah she appears fixable; if I were to guess I would need the following: new bumper, new trunk, new back right quarter panel, new rim, new tire, new tail light, and maybe even a new axle.

I have pictures on my phone, and I am trying to figure out how to get them off, but I am having no luck so far....

Peachypumpkincheeks

Damn, that's a lot of stuff to replace! However, it sounds like the motorcycle will not be resurrected.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

damn dude that sucks. sounds like he did a lot of damage. go to your phone sending screen thing and type in ur emial and send the pics there. then save them on photobucket and host them to here.
    Lokin&Tokin

2005 STi trunk + wing OBP 4 sale. pm me.

That sucks. Best of luck getting it fixed.

The same thing happened to my dad a few months ago. They were merging onto the freeway and guy on harley decided it wasn't necessary to look if it was clear ahead and basically floored it into my dad's taurus.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

I have scoured my phone to try and figure out how to send them to my email, but I just can't figure it out. I am going to read the instruction booklet when I get home to see if I can figure it out. It's pretty extensive damage.

The motorcycle was totaled, me and another guy literally dragged it out of the middle of the intersection, while leaking gas; it was an older motorcycle too so it didn't stand much chance at all.

I am going to work on getting the pictures up, I want to because you guys will be shocked at how much damage it did, everyone else certainly has.

Glad to hear everyone is ok..
    New England F4
    Bugeye Mafia
    2004 GMC Sierra 1500
    03 Subaru WRX (SOLD)
    01 CBR 929 (SOLD)
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    nothing funny about stubble on the man-marbles.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Jje121 View Post
    Glad to hear everyone is ok..
    +1.

20 (yikes) years ago or so I saw a horrific motorcycle accident unfold right in front of me. The guy on the bike was going too fast as a Frito Lay truck was turning left in front of him. The guy and the bike bounced off of the side of the truck as they collided parallel to each other. He survived, but was a quadriplegic from then on.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

glad to hear you guys are ok

don't mean to hijack the thread, but have you gotten any quotes to do the work? how much to replace the rear panel?

Both of the motorcycle accidents are excellent examples of how not to ride a bike. Running fast through any intersection and assuming someone is not going to stop for yellow is either an example of a newbie biker or one that has gotten too comfortable on his bike. I always feel like it's good to be a little afraid on the thing.

It's great that he's ok, but I hope he's learned something before getting back on a bike.
    Last edited by Robert46123; 05-31-2007 at 01:29 PM.
    2006 WRX WRB Wagon
    Stage 2 Cobb catless DP and Borla Hush CBE
    *Total Loss*

The total cost of repairs on my car, per the adjuster, is just over 4K. That includes back rear quarterpanel, a strut, bumper, tail light and a few other minor things.

Pretty crappy, but I did finally get the insurance company to agree to buy me a new set of wheels, yay for me.

I went and saw my baby; she looks amazing; all of the aesthetic work is done, including the rims that came in: ROTA Subzero in flat black, they look AMAZING. But, when the guy put her up on the rack to align it there was another problem that showed itself, so more time I have to wait. Itís been six weeks now and the total has now surpassed 6K, luckily I donít have to pay for it. I just want my lady backÖÖ

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.