Mobil 1 in a '06 WRX???
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Mobil 1 in a '06 WRX??? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; For some reason my Search isn't working, can you help me out? I have a 2006 WRX and wanted to ...

Mobil 1 in a '06 WRX???

For some reason my Search isn't working, can you help me out?
    I have a 2006 WRX and wanted to know if putting in Mobil 1 (or any other Full Synthetic oil) will help, hurt or not make a different in my car??
    (FYI...I'm all stock under the hood)
    2006 WRX TR (black)
    18x8 Rota P1 (black w/ red lip)

**Hawk-Eye Alliance #47**
    **Wingless Alliance #19**

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Which oil do you use?

Read through that.

Quote Originally Posted by Subie do View Post
    Which oil do you use?

Read through that.
    This says C6 and STI though. Is it later in the thread?
    2006 WRX TR (black)

No matter what type of engine you have, you'll still see the same results.( 06 wrx's and up have 2.5L motors as well)
    I won't get into it because I have no written proof but some say synthetic has greater benefits than conventional.

EDIT:
    5W-30
    http://www.mobil1.com/USA-English/Lu...bil1_5W-30.asp
    Last edited by Subie do; 04-21-2007 at 03:39 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    It will work fine.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

I Support ClubWRX
    M1 is a great choice for almost all engines. Even my lawnmower and snow thrower get it.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Put in Mobil 1 or Royal Purple and a new filter (not FRAM) and you'll feel a difference. Feels a lot smoother.
    2004 White WRX (R.I.P.)
    2006 White TR replacement
    1998 V5 Grey STi

just changed out mobil 1 for royal purple in my 06. feels a little smoother. i expected purple on my dipstick, looks like normal oil once ran through the engine. smells sweet too. more detergents i guess. they toured the royal purple factory on horsepower tv. impressive operation. plus they got +8hp to the wheels in a camaro after a full royal purple purple fluids swap.

I Support ClubWRX
    I just switched to M1 from conventional at the 17k miles mark in my 06. So far nothing to report. Looks smells acts like oil. Still can't travel through time.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Quote Originally Posted by ArchangelF16 View Post
    Put in Mobil 1 or Royal Purple and a new filter (not FRAM) and you'll feel a difference. Feels a lot smoother.
    I just put in a STP filter. Why don't you like Fram?
    2006 WRX TR (black)

they're too cheaply made. Look inside it and the filtering material looks like cardboard.

I like the Purolator PureONEs. If I'm not mistaken I think the OEM filter is also made by Purolator (though they chargey waaay more for it at the dealership). Find them at Pep Boys and get as many as I can since they don't always have them.
    2004 White WRX (R.I.P.)
    1998 V5 Grey STi

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchangelF16 View Post
    they're too cheaply made. Look inside it and the filtering material looks like cardboard.

I like the Purolator PureONEs. If I'm not mistaken I think the OEM filter is also made by Purolator (though they chargey waaay more for it at the dealership). Find them at Pep Boys and get as many as I can since they don't always have them.
    Umm...my oil filters from the dealership do not cost anymore then if I went to a parts store and got any other brand.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

oem filter ftw
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Umm...my oil filters from the dealership do not cost anymore then if I went to a parts store and got any other brand.
    Lucky. They want like $12 here just for the filter and $1.50 for a single crush washer. The Pure Ones at Pep Boys are $5-6.

It wasn't that way back in CO though. They changed my oil for $15 (with the dino stuff), made me gormet coffee, and let me test drive other cars while I was waiting.

Sometimes I really miss Heuberger Motors. They were great
    2004 White WRX (R.I.P.)
    1998 V5 Grey STi

I Support ClubWRX

Speaking of Mobil1

As some might know, I'm quite fanatic about maintenance. A while back, when my motor had roughly 30K miles, I ran Mobil 1 Truck/SUV 5W-40 in it for over 5,500 miles and did an oil analysis with Blackstone Labs. The results were terrific, and it stands to reason since that oil, then labeled 5W-40 Truck/SUV, was actually re-packaged Mobil Delvac1.

Delvac1 is Mobil's flagship product intended for high boost, high temperature fleet applications (anything from turbo big rigs to Merc SL rental limos and so on). It's a very robust oil with an excellent additive package. The drawbacks are that the stuff labeled "Delvac1" specifically is harder to find and expensive, plus it's only API SL (so if you have a newer car specifying an API SM oil, you're out of luck as far as warranty is concerned). But the Truck/SUV 5W-40 was the same stuff and was a fantastic value -- world class oil for little money.

Then it went away! So I switched to Mobil1 0W-40. This is an ACEA A3, MB229.5 oil and is certainly among the best on the market IMO. However, I just learned that Mobil now offer a "Mobil1 TurboDiesel Truck/SUV 5W-40" product that is, you guessed it, cheaper repackaged Delvac1! I'm NOT TALKING ABOUT THE CURRENT 5W-30 GASOLINE TRUCK/SUV oil, I'm talking about the 5W-40 TurboDiesel M1. If you're a Delvac1 fan, happy shopping!

SD
    Last edited by SD_GR; 05-01-2007 at 11:05 PM.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast