Mobil 1 in a '06 WRX??? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Mobil 1 in a '06 WRX??? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hmmm. I may have to switch to Mobil 1 for the Subie. Thanks for the information, gents....

Hmmm. I may have to switch to Mobil 1 for the Subie. Thanks for the information, gents.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If you do switch, you may see strange use patterns, especially initially, so keep an eye on the level especially with their xW-30s. Also see the SOA oil TSB since you have a newer car; you may be stuck with shorter OCIs anyway. Choices, choices.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2drv View Post
    I just put in a STP filter. Why don't you like Fram?
    Because Fram filters are cheaply made.

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oil...tudy.html#fram
    Blobeye Syndicate #035
    Cobb Stage 2

I Support ClubWRX
    I live eat breathe die k&n gold oil filter
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jaqattack02 View Post
    Because Fram filters are cheaply made.

http://minimopar.knizefamily.net/oil...tudy.html#fram
    Nice link. I passed it on.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Anyone know if the Suby dealer will put in Mobil 1 oil, if I buy it and bring it in?
    I guess they would just subtract the price of their oil.
    2006 WRX TR (black)
    18x8 Rota P1 (black w/ red lip)

**Hawk-Eye Alliance #47**
    **Wingless Alliance #19**

Quote Originally Posted by 4me2drv View Post
    Anyone know if the Suby dealer will put in Mobil 1 oil, if I buy it and bring it in?
    I guess they would just subtract the price of their oil.
    Correctamundo!
    That's what I do when I take mine into the dealer for its oil change. Their house oil is not Castrol (which is what I use) so I bring my own in and they subtract something like $8 from it. I usually wind up paying something like $22 for an oil change at the dealer. Not too bad IMO.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

I Support ClubWRX
    $22 isn't bad at all, it's less than most fast-oil places, you get a works filter, and if there's bad weather in your area and you don't have a heated (or air conditioned, depending on where/when) garage, it makes even more sense.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

a synthetic oil will be a better choice than a conventional. Mobil 1 is one of the few oils that are a true synthetic also, many other companies use regular oil in the production. The only deal with a synthetic is to never use it until after the first oil change, a synthetic will inhibit the metal to metal wear that is crucial in the initial break-in of an engine.
    Its all fun and games till someone loses an eye....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123