Water pump tensioner bearing noise

This is a discussion on Water pump tensioner bearing noise within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 02 WRX, it is making bearing noise which is coming from the front of the engine. Does ...

Water pump tensioner bearing noise

I have a 02 WRX, it is making bearing noise which is coming from the front of the engine. Does anyone know what it might be? Also, is there a diagram showing the front end bearings on a WRX I can find somewhere on the web?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by black_knight View Post
    I have a 02 WRX, it is making bearing noise which is coming from the front of the engine. Does anyone know what it might be? Also, is there a diagram showing the front end bearings on a WRX I can find somewhere on the web? Thanks!
    i just had to replace my alternator belt tensioner... remove it and spin it, if its not that one... try another untill you figure it out. thats what i did, but fortunatly it was my first guess!
    member of teh sex... i mean bugeye mafia (#92)

Thanks Drift! I will surely start off with that and hopefully that is the problem...
    Do you remember how much the alternator belt tensioner cost you?

for the pully and both serpintine belts, i think it was around $30
    member of teh sex... i mean bugeye mafia (#92)

noise still there

Ok, I removed both the alternator belt, and the other belt (a/c compressor?) and started the engine, the noise is still there and seems to be coming from the main engine crank which runs these belts. Does anyone know if there a bearing that goes there which could be the issue?