Clunking coming from driver's side in the engine bay.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Clunking coming from driver's side in the engine bay. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just got my car back from the shop, and I've noticed a couple little things. First, the car "clunks" ...

Clunking coming from driver's side in the engine bay.

I just got my car back from the shop, and I've noticed a couple little things. First, the car "clunks" when the heat is running. It'll clunk once, then there's a second or two delay, then another clunk. I noticed that it looks like the condenser spins up, because the revs increase during the longer delays. I didn't notice this before the accident. Do you guys know what this could be, or how to fix it?
    In short: HLGBGUAHUGLABLAGUHGALGHAGHL
    Mods::Pics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re:

Hey, if it helps I had this same issue. I re-charged my A/C with R-134A and what I thought was a "good" gauge set. I apparently overfilled the system, and I had the same CLUNK that you express. It's a safety feature of the system. I released quite a bit of refrigerant, and the noise went away. With the heat on, your system uses the A/C compressor ( I know it's odd, but it's done that way ). After your accident, they most likely overfilled... Hope this helps you brother..

You, sir, are a champ. I'll check it out!

Re:

Glad I could help, and being a NOOB to the site and all. LOL

Update: proper to form, an AC system recharge fixed the problem. Oh, happy day!

Hey, glad to see your issue is resolved.. Nice
    '03 Black 5-speed, local tune (18 PSI), APS TBE

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.