Subie Sounds

This is a discussion on Subie Sounds within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have two extremely obnoxious sounds that my 03 WRX loves to make. I was hoping there might be an ...

Subie Sounds

I have two extremely obnoxious sounds that my 03 WRX loves to make. I was hoping there might be an easy fix to one of these.

1st sound- engine whine. This only happens when i'm decelerating in first gear. It's present whether or not i have the clutch engaged, but the whine sounds a little different depending.

2nd sound- driver side window. So whenever I have to roll down my windows, it's about 3-4 inches until I hear the most ear-piercing screech i've ever experienced. I'm pretty sure a young toddler dies each time it happens. To get around this, i hit the automatic switch for the windows and quickly reach my finger outside the car and pull the window inward. Then the sound doesn't happen.

I know subarus aren't known for their quiet ride or anything, but these two things get under my skin all the time. Is there any way I can get rid of, or lessen, either of those two sounds?

Thanks a lot.
    -Brandon
    03 wrb WRX
    Power- Cobb Stage 2 w/ TXS stealthback, 06 axleback, and 07 catless uppipe
    Handling- Eibach Springs, Perrin Rear Sway Bar, Perrin Rear Sway Mounts, Perrin Rear Endlinks, STi strut bars
    Cosmetics- cf wing risers, pink "i" badge, yellow fogs, STI CF side markers, tints, tail lights,

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think the whine is just part of owning a wrx......

Same goes with the window because mine does the same thing.....There has got to be a way to fix it somehow though......It doesn't bother me enough to worry about it
    PSM Bugeye..Cobb Stage 2

That screech you hear when the window is going down is telling you have you a good weather seal so minimal water will get into your door. I'm guessing it probably doesn't make that sound when the window is wet?
    NEW ENGLAND F4

TUNERNetwork.com
    Great site for anyone in the north east.

that's a pretty accurate guess. When it's soaked it doesn't make the sound, when its just a couple of drops it still does. But my passenger side window doesn't do that?
    03 wrb WRX
    Power- Cobb Stage 2 w/ TXS stealthback, 06 axleback, and 07 catless uppipe
    Handling- Eibach Springs, Perrin Rear Sway Bar, Perrin Rear Sway Mounts, Perrin Rear Endlinks, STi strut bars
    Cosmetics- cf wing risers, pink "i" badge, yellow fogs, STI CF side markers, tints, tail lights,

use some silicone spray on the rubber