Engine cutout - right-hand turn only - help.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Engine cutout - right-hand turn only - help. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Wow, long time no post.. anyway. Lately, Ive been noticing more and more that if I take a sharp, or ...

Engine cutout - right-hand turn only - help.

Wow, long time no post.. anyway.

Lately, Ive been noticing more and more that if I take a sharp, or accelerated right hand turn, after I straighten out, the engine will cut out, almost feels like fuel was just shut off.. As long as I am moving, I dont stall, but the engine cuts out for about 2 seconds.. I can pretty much reproduce the problem on any right-hand turn.. However I've yet to do it on a left hand turn..

Does that make ANY sense?? I dont have any mods other then a drop in K&N, havent done anything to the scoobie for years, and this randomly started to happen..

Sometimes when I start it up, I hear a harmous hum from the rear of the car, maybe a fuel pump is on its way out?

Any suggestions?
    2003 WRB WRX 5 spd
    wrxrus.com
    onewebway.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

odd thing about WRXs, they have two fuel pumps sorta, a main pump for the fuel to the engine (on the right side of the tank) and a jet pump to get the fuel in the left side of the tank to the right side and into the fuel pump. if everything happens like you feel, then it seems the fuel is being pulled away from the main pump in the right side of the tank then has to be pulled into the right tank again by the jet pump. this could be from the baffling in the tank being broken, or the fuel pump not holding enough fuel pressure...
    Blobeye Syndicate #75
    2005 OBP WRX Sport Wagon
    Stewart Warner Boost & Oil temp gauges / OEM 20 mm rear bar
    Cobb stg 2 / STi uppipe / Crucial Racing downpipe
    Stromung 2.5" catless centerpipe / Scooby Sport New Age centre pipe & backbox

I had this problem when I hat Honda Accord
    when running on low fuel during right corners engine cutut for a second or so. Fuel starvation.

Hmm, that sounds like it make sense.. Also sounds like my 7-year 75000 mile warranty should cover it!..

Ill call the dealer and see what they say

Thanks

Dave
    2003 WRB WRX 5 spd
    wrxrus.com
    onewebway.com

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.