Which oil do you use? - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Which oil do you use? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; double post!...

double post!
    Last edited by yo vanilla; 04-13-2007 at 12:01 PM.
    07 WRX TR | 03 mazda6
    man a whole mess of nachos sounds good right now
    ***Hawk-Eye Alliance #95*** Kachow!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Mobil 1
    New England F4

http://www.subaru.com/owners/schedul...=SCHEDULE_2004

This is the schedule from subaru for my '04 STI. You can find all others there also. Click the link at bottom to see the schedule and read the notes at the bottom. If you like your warranty, follow it closely. If you do the stuff yourself, make a log book of dates, mileage and include receipts.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant,"If I live, I will kill you. If i die, you are forgiven. " such is the rule of Honor.

If someone can show me how to upload a pdf, i can show an article from an australian magazine that shows Royal Purple destroying about anything else out there in a test showing how well it keeps friction and what-not down.
    THIS IS CAKE TOWN!!

Quote Originally Posted by yo vanilla View Post

well i dont own a Z06, but i can tell you that most if not all cars with factory fill M1 have a sticker in the bay instructing to use it. evo's do, MB's do, porsche's do etc.
    My Mother owns 2 MBs there is no such sticker to fill with M1 in her bay.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by yo vanilla View Post
    well i dont own a Z06, but i can tell you that most if not all cars with factory fill M1 have a sticker in the bay instructing to use it. evo's do, MB's do, porsche's do etc.
    My C6 has one and is non Z-06 BTW

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by encryptedzion View Post
    If the Mercs are recent, in the manual and/or on the bonnet it'll specify MB229.x oil, where x can be from 1 to 5 depending on the motor's age. Specifying M1 is thus not necessary. The MB229.x specs are very specific, and they start with an ACEA A3 minimum if memory serves.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

costco = cheap

the previous owner of my wrx used synthetic, specifically mobil 1 5w-30. dealers wanted nearly 80 bucks for the change, they said synthetics cost 10 bucks more per quart! just go to a costco or sam's club. i paid less than 40 bucks for a case of 6 quarts.

Mobil 1 oil & filter.

My bro also uses M1 on his Evo and I use Motorcraft Simi-synthetic in the Mach.
    I. Márquez Still trying to figure out this rally car turbo thing.
    '06 Subaru Impreza WRX wife's bone-stock daily diver
    '03 Ford Mustang Mach 1 slightly modded and driven daily
    '06 Mitsubishi Evolution IX brother's ride
    '70 Ford Torino GT convertible project 1
    '73 Ford Ranchero GT project 2/workhorse

Quote Originally Posted by encryptedzion View Post
    well i didnt say every MB ever made does, but ones that have factory fill M1 should.
    07 WRX TR | 03 mazda6
    man a whole mess of nachos sounds good right now
    ***Hawk-Eye Alliance #95*** Kachow!!

Im doing what most others would be scared of. Im at 6900 miles now and am going to follow the 7500 mile OCI. I will be using valvoline synpower 5w40. It's an A3 rated oil which means it's rated better for longer drain intervals then mobil1's 5w30 A1 rated oil. Im not saying the valvoline is a better oil, I just want to use something that meets the euro A3 long drain spec and experiment as I put 150k on a car before selling it. Acura recommends mobil1 5w30 in some new turbo vehicle they have but cant remember much else.

I Support ClubWRX
    I see absolutely no problem with doing the recommended 7,500 mi OCI with an ACEA A3. I only go to 5K on mine because it's an easier number to remember (5, 10, 15, 20 and so on). 7,5K should be no issue at all on A3.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Running Amsoil 5/30. Extended intervals and Blackstone labs.
    02redwagone on Nasioc

Just switched to Mobil 1 15W50, its their latest type of oil so I figured I'd try it. Should be awesome in the hot summer months, but for the winter I'll probably go back to 10W30.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by bulletSTI View Post
    Just switched to Mobil 1 15W50, its their latest type of oil so I figured I'd try it. Should be awesome in the hot summer months, but for the winter I'll probably go back to 10W30.
    In your area you might consider M1 0W-40 all year 'round.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast