WRX Lemon? or is it me
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX Lemon? or is it me within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Can I tell you a happy times story. I got a WRX02 Program car with 12k miles on it. Looks ...

WRX Lemon? or is it me

Can I tell you a happy times story.

I got a WRX02 Program car with 12k miles on it. Looks great! Well here is the time line to make it short

day 1 - bought the car ; Yipee !

day 3 - Check engine light , Service said its a exaust probe - told me to take it back in if it comes back up

day 4 - Dash lights quit working - reset with a new fuse , said it may be a short under the dash. Take it back in if the lights quit working again

day 7 - Transmission makes REALLY loug griding noise - They take the car , and take the tranny out. Said it will be a few days to to get the parts and tehn get it out. 1 week

day 14 - Went to get car, not done - no parts (LARGE list of parts) warehouse fire in Colorado where the parts where comming from. Said one more week.

day 21 - Went to get car - Parts not in yet, they get mad because I am "Bugging" them a lot. 3 days to get it

day 24 - Car comes back - Working great from what I can tell

day 28 - Check engine lite comes back on - Dealership wants me to take it BACK in again to have the exaust probe replaced (Whatever that is)

day 29 - Dash lighs stop working AGAIN

day 29 - SAME DAY - one of the return lines on the radiator popped off bcasue the hose clamp wasnt put back on after they removed it. Steam shoots everywhere - even from my ears!

Ok - For some reason I am getting a bad feeling about all this. I LOVE my car but is it going to give me crap for 10 more years? Or is this just a lemon that I got. According to texas lemon laws I cant technicaly claim it as a lemon yet KIND OF, I can call the Texas Office of the Attorney General, Consumer Protection Division, and make a claim - But I dont think I would win. What do you guys think. I have had the car for about a month or so and ONLY driven about 600-700 Miles on it.

To say the least, Im really upset.
    ----------------------------------------
    Its not about the cars I have beaten but about the ones I have not raced yet.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Honestly it doesnt sound like you have a lemon. You bought a abused program car wich is why the tranny was rough. Then somehow one of your EGT's went bad and you have a shorted wire somewhere.

Did anyone ever mod the car or try too? Because the EGT probe and the short could be attributed to that.

Hope you dont have any other problems
    Alex
    Alex

Damn that sucks. Where did you buy it from? Sounds like who ever had it before you beat the hell out of it. Do you have a warranty? If they fix everything for free, I guess it's not to bad. But if you start to mod and something breaks

Update

They fixed the Radiator problem, the exuast probe is on order, and they fixed the dash problem.

Now, I got a flat tire that has some HUGE chunk of metal in it and keep the tire inflated (Have to run aorund on my nice spare). The flat tire got me pulled over, that would be fine but I didnt have my Drivers licence and My insurance

I got it with a 100K mile warentee so I hope Im coverd for any FUTURE issues.

dude..........you have some serious bad luck........jp

anyways.......hope everything gets fixed so you can drive again

later

Update

My motor blew on my way back from colorado and was stuck there for a week.

I will post more later - still really pissed

good lord that's horrible. Sounds like ur service people just straight suck. Well, gl dude.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    that blows dude, 20k miles and I've never had a problem

Originally posted by r4c3r-wrx
    Update

My motor blew on my way back from colorado and was stuck there for a week.

I will post more later - still really pissed

When the motor blew.. did it spill lemonade all over the road?

Sorry.. had to say it....

How does a flat tire get you pulled over? And do you usually drive naked? (that's the only reason I wouldn't have my license on me )

I was driving home on I-70 (Keep in mind I havent even driven the car 3K miles yet), then the car slowed down - and clicked and stopped. I was stuck in the middle of nowhere 10 exits behind and in front - nothing. I had just enought power in my cell phone to call roadisde assistance.

Got the car back and there was like 2 cups on oil in the motor, and all the service techs in Colorado where basicly laughing at the car since they used some kind of glue to hold one of the valve covers on and from leaking.

Never the less I was REALLY pissed off and yelled at everyone.

In the end I missed a week of work (But partied the whole time since I had nothing else to do). Ended up having to fly back since I HAD to be back at work.

Status Now: They are working on getting me a new 03 for no extra cost, with some features that I want + all expenses paid for. I love WRX's but not that one. It could be pink for all I care, I just want a NEW one. (Well maybe not pink but any other factory color)

Stuck in NOWHERE!

Tow Truck Man that was really greasy and liked lound country music

Last time she was on the road

Sounds like a sweet deal now that all the BS is over with. Good luck with the '03. I hope you get to enjoy this one. =)
    -Jim

'02 Platinum Silver WRX sedan w/roof rack...bone stock. Ok, now that's a lie.

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!

I will sleep in it the first night so she knows that I love her and dosnt break on me. <hehe>

what a friggen joke man....best of luck to you...i am going to the dealer this week something is wrong with my car...possible blown turbo
    2002 Blue WRX w/ Factory Body Kit

-UTEC TXS Tuned @17 PSI
    -Samco Hoses
    -MRT Catless Uppipe
    -BPM 3" Turbo Back Exhaust
    -Whiteline Front and Rear Strut Bar

239.9 AWHP 246.4 AWTQ
    Graphs here:
    http://community.webshots.com/album/70782887sLVXId

I got a 03WRX , a lower interest rate, spoiler and other options, 100K war. , and my payments are less.

Silver Sedan Im happy now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast