misfiring? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on misfiring? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by koogxone i'm also getting new spark plugs and maybe coil packs. Just make sure when you get ...

Quote Originally Posted by koogxone View Post
    i'm also getting new spark plugs and maybe coil packs.
    Just make sure when you get your plugs, if you get NGK Iridiums, DO NOT get the ones with a -11 at the end of the code. They are gapped to .44. You need them gapped around .28-.30. The same code, just no -11.

Get: BKR7EIX

Do not...repeat... DO NOT get the BKR7EIX-11. They are gapped to .44.

I'm only mentioning this because all the Discount/Advanced Autoparts, and any other hardware/auto store has the wrong ones listed in their system and will inadvertantly sell you the wrong ones. With the issues your having you don't need to add more problems by having incorectly gapped plugs.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
    Last edited by Sooby-Doo; 08-13-2007 at 08:10 AM.
    S&R Built 2.5/2.0 '03 Hybrid w/ PE1818
    Scott Siegel Tuned 308whp/320wtq
    Vogtland Club Spec Springs on KYB AGX's

******* I BOOST, therefore I AM! *******

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice! Yeah I like Yimi. I wish they were closer to me and I'd be there getting only their help to solve this. I'm in Simi Valley--Ventura County.

Regarding the spark plug issue...that's what happened. They previous owner put the wrong ones in. The plug on 4 was all black and nasty. Fouled nice and good. I've got the correct .28 NGK in there now for all of 'em.

What the heck could that whine be? Almost thinking I should make a vid and let some people on here listen to it. It's NO GOOD Well, that and the smoke...

I have an FMIC, so I'm still working out the full recirc setup. This car also had a CAI on it. I would rather have the stock intake but I'm trying to make it work with what's on there to save some money.

Banned
    you need to learn little more about your car there kiddo !

Thanks so much subz. Extermely helpful. Do you have any "useful" input?

as for me, the previous owner had modded the injectors and might have failed to get them matched by an injector servicing company, as he should have with modded stock injectors. yimi sent mine to rc injectors and they should be back any day now, flowtested and matched

hopefully that was what was making my car run inconsistent air-fuel ratios. if that was the problem, they can opensource tune it on friday and i can pick it up then. but if rc injectors sends them back and says that the injectors are fine and perfectly matched, we won't know what's wrong with it at all =/

i think nazisock is a better place for you, subz.
    -kyle
    bugeyemafia#126
    VF39'd, Bailey-tuned! 280.07whp 250.05wtq

agreed go back to nasioc with the rest of the idiots with nothing better to do!
    HAVE YOU SEEN ME?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.