Lesson learned?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Lesson learned? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So yesterday afternoon I filled up with gas before getting on 95 north from Beverly MA. Driving down secondary roads ...

Lesson learned?

So yesterday afternoon I filled up with gas before getting on 95 north from Beverly MA. Driving down secondary roads making my way to 95 I notice my car is idling like crap. It is almost stalling at every light. My first thoughts, I got bad gas...damn it!

Get on the highway for a drive back home. Going through the 95 north tolls in hampton, I am pulling through third and I swear my car goes into limp mode. Can bad gas do that?..maybe. I finally get home and pop the hood, to my dismay the freakin air filter is completely off the intake tube (SPT intake). I put the thing back on, tighten it as much as I think I can before the tube cracks, and start it back up. Idle holds fine.

So this morning I am driving back down 95 south, pulling through 3rd after hampton tolls and it was better but I still felt some hesitation. Should I reset the ECU? (neg terminal off and press brake pedal right?)

Anyways, lesson learned. If you think theres something wrong, pull the heck over and look !

oh btw car = 06 wrx tr (SPT intake, turbo & intake shield, cat back SPT)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Try to do the reset and give the ECU a few days to "learn" what it should be doing.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi View Post
    Try to do the reset and give the ECU a few days to "learn" what it should be doing.
    good advise.. couldnt hurt to try
    2004 Subaru WRX
    Proud Owner

Everything seems good to go. No idle issues, 3rd gear is pulling fine. Just a minor scare. Although it still concerns me that the computer never threw a code.....oh well.

Thanks for the replies guys
    06 WRX TR
    Mods:
    SPT Intake, Turbo back, heat shields
    STI Struts/Pink Springs
    VF39
    Stage 2 protuned

My filter fell off too when I first put my SPT intake on. I cleaned the rubber part of the filter and the intake piping with alcohol to get rid of all the oily residue on it. My intake was sooo slimy that the damn filter wouldnt stay on.
    06-wrx: stage 2 and loving every minute of it!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.