can anyone tell me what this is?

This is a discussion on can anyone tell me what this is? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; It looks like this hose should be connected. I haven't noticed anything strange while driving the car though. Can anyone ...

can anyone tell me what this is?

It looks like this hose should be connected. I haven't noticed anything strange while driving the car though. Can anyone tell me if this is normal or if I should connect this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Img_6983.jpg   Img_6984.jpg  
    04' WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Is in Love With the Admins Here 20WRX04's Avatar
    I would connect it ASAP. If you don't, your flux capacitor will disengage prematurely resulting in catastrophic thermal meltdown. For real though, it should be connected.
    The first rule of the Faction is...DO NOT TALK ABOUT THE FACTION.
    NY GIANTS
    Hybrid Faction #19
    Blobeye Syndicate #19
    Mods

Do you know what it is? I have no idea how long it's been disconnected...

And I hear flux capacitors can be really expensive to replace
    04' WRX

something recirculating air back to your intake. I've not been under the hood in years but I'm guessing that it comes from the stock BCS. That venting to atmosphere isn't a problem, the problem is that your intake is pulling in air through that hole which is bypassing the maf and possibly causing you to run lean.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    something recirculating air back to your intake. I've not been under the hood in years but I'm guessing that it comes from the stock BCS. That venting to atmosphere isn't a problem, the problem is that your intake is pulling in air through that hole which is bypassing the maf and possibly causing you to run lean.
    +1
    Army Ranger For Life ! Thin Blue Line
    Military Militia # 1911/ Blobeye Syndicate # 1911/ Modifier's Anonymous # 1911/ Hawk-Eye Alliance # 1911
    All We'll Drive
    DIFFERENT STROKES
    EVEN MY DENTIST TOLD ME FLOSS 7 DAYS A WEEK
    POST WH0RE KING

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
    Thanks. I've got it hooked back up now. Do I just cross my fingers and hope that it hasn't done any long term damage? If it was bypassing the maf, shouldn't that have thrown a cel?
    04' WRX